“Good food, lots of choices”

Isabella's Taverna & Tapas Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Isabella's Taverna & Tapas Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 449 Restaurants in Frederick
Price range: USD 20 - USD 35
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: We welcome you to visit and enjoy our restaurant in downtown historic Frederick located in the Hendrickson Building. We have selected the finest Spanish cuisine complemented with an exclusive wine list. In the heart of historic Frederick, Maryland, Isabella"s has become a favorite destination for local residents and worldwide travelers alike in search of a truly Mediterranean dining experience.
Reviewed 26 September 2016

All four of us enjoyed our evening there. We arrived at our reservation time of 6 PM, got seated and served promptly. Lots of delicious choices.

Reviewed 25 September 2016

We ordered tapas for lunch: the brussel sprouts, the homemade potato chips with the goat cheese dip, the gambas, and the mussels. All of the dishes were excellent! Our waitress recommended the brussel sprouts and the chips and she was right! They were very good! And all four tapas were enough for my wife and I. We finished all and didn't have space for dessert. I definitely will recommend this restaurant to friends who visit Frederick.

Reviewed 18 September 2016

This is not a restaurant owned by the the very good chef and restauranteur, Mike Isabella!! We had lunch there - the wait person got the order wrong, the food was very mediocre and some was inedible - namely the asparagus fries - not good at all - the sauce for the chorizo in potato chip was pretty good as was the sauce for the braised lamb - otherwise give it a miss

Reviewed 16 September 2016

I have never been disappointed in Isabella's. It is best enjoyed for a long leisurely meal. I recommend ordering a few items to start, but keep the menu and order more as you go.
Some of my favorite dishes include the calamari, shrimp with black rice, mussels, chorizo with mashed potatoes, bacon wrapped dates, and any paella. Can you tell I've been there often? My friends always love the fried asparagus, but I don't care for it. Not sure why because I love steamed or grilled asparagus. Maybe it is the panko breading. It is the only item on the menu that I probably wouldn't reorder.
Don't forget to order a carafe (or two) of sangria! The red and white a equally good.
They will also make yummy cappuccino to order. By this point, I'm generally too full for dessert!
Great for happy hour too!

1  Thank jmnhunt
Reviewed 14 September 2016

While I would not generally recommend this place to out of area visitors for a full dinner - it is a great place for a few drinks and Tapas. I've visited Isabella's several times - both with business groups (small and large) as well as family - and while enjoyable, it's not my go to place for a nice, sit-down dinner.