“Nice early dinner”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

Visited with colleagues for an early dinner while in town. Had the special with scallops and risotto. So delicious. The flatbread and cheese dip as an appetizer was drool worthy. Loved the sweet butter for the bread too. Drinks were not super strong so would stick with a beer next time. Highly recommend this place for steak- coworkers each got a different cut and they looked delicious. They both said their dishes were amazing.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 21 September 2018

Best Jambalaya over linguine ever, loads of prawns and chicken and nice and spicy just like I like it.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 8 September 2018

We stopped here for lunch recently and enjoyed our meals. Two of us had the soup and half a sandwich. My bean and ham soup was good along with my club sandwich. My friend had the grilled chicken salad and said it was very delicious. The two children with us ordered off the children's menu and got spaghetti with a fruit cup and an included dessert. Everyone was happy with their choices and our waitress was efficient and friendly.

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

I always enjoy this place. Has A "chain" feel to it but my crab cake was excellent. Not cheap but quality and quantity both provided. Good menu variety. I've been her solo, couples and groups, always very good. Servers perky, maybe a little too so.
Notes to server:1) Don't ask "is everything ok?"when I've had only one bite.
2) if you don't want to bother with loose change on tab, don't short change the customer. It irritated me enough to not give you what I would have (20%) given you.

Reviewed 9 August 2018

In the past week I have had the pleasure of dining at many excellent restaurants from Siesta Key Florida to Albany New York and I have been very happy at all but one. My homecoming dinner at Madrone’s in Frederick Maryland yielded a far less than satisfying experience. The service was good but the food preparation and quality left a lot to be desired. Upon arrival we were quickly seated and ordered drinks which arrived with acceptable promptness. However, the table was not thoroughly cleaned, the cloth napkins were stained and the utensils also were not up to cleanliness standard. Madrone’s is a little pricey and there are better restaurants at that level, in fact, there are better restaurants below that level – truth be told. Two of the four dinners we ordered were completely botched. One of the bad dinners was an overcooked cheese burger (ordered medium). The meat was dry, totally void of juices, over charred and tasteless. It was probably the worst burger I have ever been served. The other botched dinner was a 12oz cut of sirloin and was cooked properly to the desired medium rare, however the cut of meat was tough and stringy, difficult to cut with a steak knife and had very little flavor. Not a very pleasing meal to say the least. The roasted asparagus was also disappointing. It boiled down to the lack of quality food yet again. The best part of the meal was the baked potato which they forgot to serve with my steak and I had to remind and ask them to please deliver it to my table. Quality of the meat was abysmal as I said before - I have bought better quality sirloin at the grocery store. FAIL – again. I can’t say I could recommend Madrone’s to anyone and it will remain very low on my list of restaurants to frequent – I would rather have a Big Mac before dining there again.

2  Thank Mike M