“Terrible - Watch out, especially if you booked through a third party.”

Baymont Inn and Suites Barstow Historic Route 66
Ranked #14 of 29 Hotels in Barstow
Reviewed 27 June 2017

We stayed here about three weeks ago and booked using Priceline Express Deals. When we arrived, the front desk clerk notified me that the priceline reservation did not come through (she made no attempt to contact them and confirm). I offered to provide the confirmation number and she declined; she said she would process it as a "walk in." Not knowing what that meant, I said that was ok. Little did I know that they charged me for a full night's stay in addition to the amount charged by Priceline. The clerk NEVER made any mention of charging me for a full night's stay and never got my authorization for the sale. When I called the next day to get a return (only after checking my bank account did I know there was even a charge), they said that they still didn't receive the priceline reservation and that we would have to handle the dispute through Priceline. 3 weeks later and the hotel still refuses to acknowledge any error or wrong doing on their part. They flat out told Priceline that a refund would not be possible. Priceline did refund me the amount charged by them - which was much cheaper than the $96 charged by the hotel staff, so we basically had to eat that extra amount. Absolutely ridiculous!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Bibi B, General Manager at Baymont Inn and Suites Barstow Historic Route 66, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2017

Hello Mrs. McCarty,
Allow me to apologize on behalf of my hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding your reservation information on your recent visit, we still have not received your reservation information, I have contacted Priceline and they conformed we didn't sent it over. I have shared your feedback with Priceline and my front desk employees to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.
Again, thank you for your time and allowing me to try and make things right. I sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Barstow.
Mrs. Bibi Boucher
1861 West Main Street, Barstow, CA 92311

Reviewed 11 April 2017

Room was clean and quiet. Good deal for the price we paid I felt, would definitely stay here again.
Free breakfast had more than just bagels, toast, etc...they had sausage, fruit, and yogurt, etc...
We were just passing through on a road trip and this place satisfied our needs for sure.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Bibi B, General Manager at Baymont Inn and Suites Barstow Historic Route 66, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2017

Dear natalie2315,
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a TripAdvisor online survey with such wonderful positive feedback!
I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in a BIG Thank You for your kind words and score.
We take such pride in our hotel and the services we provide to our amazing guests, such as yourself and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

760.256.1300

Reviewed 8 April 2017

I stay here quite a bit during the week for work. They know my name as I walk in the door which is nice. Maria usually checks me in with a smile even though I give her a hard time each week regarding the fact I know the breakfast hours and where to find the WiFi code. I have stayed at many places in Barstow but always come back to the Sleep Inn. You just cannot beat the price and comfort of this hotel. I also want to mention Joseph, the guy that takes care of the breakfast area. Good guy and is always very friendly. If looking for a good place to stay look no further.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Bibi B, General Manager at Baymont Inn and Suites Barstow Historic Route 66, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2017

Dear Wnlvr22
Thank you for taking the time to complete an TripAdvisor survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team and especially Maria.
Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests.
It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

760.256.1300

Reviewed 24 March 2017 via mobile

We had a great experience here. When we 1st got in our room there was a little issue but the desk attendant very helpful and changed our room right away. Very clean and well maintained. Beds were comfortable. We would stay here again!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lsor62
Bibi B, General Manager at Baymont Inn and Suites Barstow Historic Route 66, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2017

Dear lsor62,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a TripAdvisor online survey with such positive feedback!!!!!
I have shared your comments with my staff members and my Management team and we all would like to thank you for your kind words and score.
We take GREAT pride in our hotel and the services we provide to our amazing guests, such as yourself and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

ThankYou Again,
760-256-1300

Reviewed 7 March 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the Sleep Inn for one night while on our way to visit Palm Springs. We went here after having a very bad experience at the California Inn in Barstow where our room was very poor and we could not get a refund - the room was advertised as newly renovated but was certainly not. The Sleep Inn in Barstow was adequate but not nearly as good an experience as we had at other Sleep Inns previously. The room was clean but the bedspread should have been replaced as it was well past it's best before date. Breakfast was very limited so we skipped it on went on. I don't recommend staying here but it was a definite improvement over the California Inn.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Bibi B, General Manager at Baymont Inn and Suites Barstow Historic Route 66, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2017

Dear Mathguy1945,
Thank you for taking the time to write a TripAdvisor survey regarding your recent stay at Sleep Inn On Historic Route 66.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding our beds on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with Housekeeping to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.
Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback.
We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Barstow.

Kind regards,