“Yummy Variety of Sandwiches”
Review of Trails End Cafe

Trails End Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Trails End Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 49 Restaurants in Concord
Price range: USD 5 - USD 25
Cuisines: American, Bar, Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Trail's End Cafe is proud to serve carefully crafted comfort food, homemade from thoughtfully sourced ingredients. We are open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We also offer catering. Come eat in our beautiful dining room, or take your meal to go! We have a full bar with 8 beers on tap, a great wine list, and delicious cocktails.
Reviewed 14 June 2017

After our group of 10 toured the Sleepy Hollow Cemetery and the Orchard House (where Louisa May Alcott wrote 'Little Women'), we were hungry, Based on the recommendation of our tour guide, we went to Trail's End Cafe, and we were very impressed by the yummy variety of sandwiches. Some of our orders included turkey club on a croissant, brie cheese and fig jam, chicken salad with granny smith apples, and crab cakes. Everyone was happy with their choices. After ordering at the counter, waiters brought our meals to us, and were very accommodating bringing pitchers of ice water and salad dressings.Definitely a place to go when touring historic Concord and you are looking for a clean, interesting place to eat.

Reviewed 9 June 2017

I often have lunch here with a friend - the food is normally good, and the service normally OK.

We went there this week: we arrived at 12.30pm and had to wait over 15 minutes in line just to order. We sat down and waited for our food to arrive - over 30 minutes later, we (along with four other tables we could see) went up to the counter to see where it was (in the meantime an attempt was made to deliver the wrong order and the server looked lost/confused).

My sandwich came first and my friend had to go up AGAIN to see where her salad was - when it came it had NO dressing on it. Everyone was flagging down the poor server because of some issue or another. I felt very bad for her since she was clearly overwhelmed.

They need to provide better resources for better service - more staff and more effective staff (everyone was very young - they need a seasoned manager in charge - not all school kids).

Wont be back for a while.

Reviewed 4 May 2017

The food has consistently gotten worse at this restaurant. Tonight I ordered takeout and the breading on the fish was liquidy as paste, and the french fries had absorbed all of the heavy oil they had used on the fish. The fries were literally soaked. The steak tips that I ordered for my daughter were tough and chewy, and filled with gristle. The chicken dinner was OK, it was average. Al in All the meals cost me $70 without drinks.

The staff is always courteous and polite, however the quality of the food has really gone down :(

1  Thank 922ScottKnight
Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

I stopped for breakfast as I was in the area for a kids sports event. I had an omelet, side of bacon and a side of fruit. Service was very prompt. Best bacon I've had in a long time. The fruit was at peak ripeness. Also had one of the best cups of tea. The pastries looked phenomenal too. I definitely recommend this place.

Reviewed 12 April 2017

We recently went here on a Sunday afternoon with a reservation. The place was packed, and the person behind the counter had difficulty finding our reservation. We were seated in the lounge where there was live music. The duo were entertaining, yet the volume on the amp and mike were so loud, you could not carry on a conversation. We moved before our meal arrived to the other room. The food was fresh and made well. I had the brie and fig sandwich (though I was hoping for fresh figs, but it tasted like jam). The greens were delicious, as was the dressing. My mom enjoyed her fish sandwich, as did my husband his pecan encrusted chicken salad. He did wish for more veggies on the salad.