“Nice house...would stay again.”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
1920's Beauty Heart of City
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 1 review

Reviews from our community

MrsAddieH
Augusta, Georgia
“Nice house...would stay again.”
Reviewed 2 May 2016 for a stay in April 2016
people found this review helpful

The house is nice, and it is BIG. The house was really so much more space than we needed as a family of 3. It was not a problem for us, but the listing did not mention there are dogs in the yard. Very cute and were not a bother at all :) The owner's daughter was on site in a guest house (?) and was available to help us when we needed. My only problem was an open stairwell since I have a toddler. Kiara brought a gate for us to block it and we moved a table in front of it to be sure. We met the owner just briefly when we came back from breakfast the second day. Again, not a problem for us, but if you like to watch TV, there are sets in all the bedrooms but none in the main living spaces. There is a small one in the kitchen which was cool since my toddler sat and colored and watched TV in there while I made dinner.
We didn't use it, however there is a little courtyard in the back with a grill and fire pit.
Great central air! I can't stress how great it was because it was HOT and the air came on fast and strong and cooled the house down very quickly.

My husband and I relaxed on the porch both nights and saw lots of people walking by. This was my favorite thing about the house. The front porch is enclosed with a gate so it kept my little one secure while we were outside in the afternoons.

There are some security cameras. There were a few minor things in disrepair but those things did not affect our stay or use of the house (ie a dimmer switch was missing the plastic slide bar thing, but still worked, there was a small hole in the wall of the master bedroom where it looks like it was just the power adapter for the tv run through the wall...easily blocked off to keep the little one from messing with it; the railing on the side entrance was a little wobbly but still secure ) There was also a room connected to the master with a door knob was missing, but door still opened from the master side...This is where we put the little one to sleep. I would still book this property again if we had a larger group and/or adults and older children. despite these things. It is a comfortable and nice place to stay and Kiara was friendly, helpful and accommodating.

While the house is all one level, I probably would not recommend for persons with a disability since the entrances to the house all have stairs.

This part is not a comment on the owner or the property:
1. I had mistakenly booked for 2 instead of 3 guests. When we tried to update it trip adviser was not at all responsive except telling me to contact the owner to make changes, except it did not allow her to make changes either. We ended up have to work out the difference on our own.

2. Anywhere you go for breakfast will be packed on the weekends! We went to several places with 30+minutes wait to be seated.

3.I'm not very familiar with Atlanta, and we didn't do much exploring but we did see some places in the area that are within walking-distance that I think were bars/pubs and a few coffee houses. Also about 1-2 blocks away is a little park with tennis court and walking trail.

If you've made it this far, let me say again how much I loved staying here! They did everything we needed to make it safe for small children, however it is really a more formal, grown up type of property. I've probably said it like 3 times already, but I would book this again.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Great porch out front to relax and people watch
Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing