“Staff is really nice. My room is too loud!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead
Ranked #75 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
“Staff is really nice. My room is too loud!”
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Carpet was dirty. Note to self... Never stay on the loading dock backside of the hotel. Noise all night. Avoid 244 or around there. Maybe if I was on a higher floor it wouldnt have been too bad.

Staff is really nice. Jeffrey at the front desk is very helpful. And pbx operator Janelle (spelling?)... is patient and helpful too.

• Stayed March 2012
GM_DoubletreeBuckhea, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, 5 April 2012
Thank you for your review of our hotel. And thank you for your very nice comments about Jeffrey and Jennelle; I will relay your message to them and I am sure they will be thrilled. I apologize for the noise problem that you experienced and we will clean the carpet in room 244.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Orlando
Reviewed 20 March 2012

If your traveling to Buckhead, via Atlanta airport, this hotel is very convienent. The Marta rail line begins in the airport, and the Marta stop in Buckhead is a very short walk to the hotel. Once there, you are walking distance to many business, food service places, etc.
The hotel rooms were rather small, but fitted with all the necessities. Rooms felt very clean! Was not very impressed with the breakfast for the caliber hotel this is.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
GM_DoubletreeBuckhea, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are so pleased to hear how convenient our location was to your needs. We appreciate the feedback on our breakfast and will take note of this for the future. We hope to see you again soon!
Carlsbad, California
Reviewed 12 March 2012

When I was thinking about this review, I wanted to make sure I kept in mind that a hotel can't control my experience completely. So, let me begin with the staff. The staff was GREAT. From check-in to any questions I had, they were very pleasant and helpful. One morning while waiting to use the treadmill, I just got tired of waiting so I decided to brave the wind and go for my run outside. As I walked out of the fitness center, the manager walked by and asked how my workout went. I told her that the treadmills were in use and that I was going to run outside instead. She personally walked me to the front desk and arranged for me to be taken to LA Fitness across the street so I could use their equipment for no charge.

The hotel's location was great too. I wouldn't say that the area is a walk friendly area but shopping and restaurants are very near. The room was nice and it was clean. I was surprised that they did not have HDTVs.

Now, I wanted to talk about what kept me from having a fully wonderful time but at the same time, I'm not sure how much the hotel could control it completely. Around 3:00 am early Sunday morning, a group of young adults came in (on the 4th floor) and were just being loud. Really loud (I thought I was experiencing the movie Animal House). As I was about to ask them to be quiet, hotel security showed up. Security did calm things down, but he was fully awake at this point. So I wasn't able to rest like I wanted to.

All in all, the hotel, staff, and location was a really good choice.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Cape town
Reviewed 1 March 2012

The hotel is in a great location and is a great base from which to explore. The staff are great, very helpful and always smiling. The rooms are acceptable, somewhat tired with old school televisions and I had a shower in the bathtub which I find frustrating.

Overall though a hotel that does what it sets out to do and is good value for money.

Room Tip: Great for shopping and for access to buck head and surrounds.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
GM_DoubletreeBuckhea, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are so glad that you chose to stay with us. We appreciate your business and your feedback on our friendly staff and our rooms. We will take note of your review in our upcoming renovation.
Cleveland, Tennessee
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We had a family reunion at this hotel and the staff could not have done enough for us. Only negative thing was the breakfast buffet. The scrambled eggs were runny and there were no biscuits. Other than that it was perfect

• Stayed February 2012
GM_DoubletreeBuckhea, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel and the nice comments on our staff. We apologize for the deficiencies with the breakfast buffet and will make sure to check on the quality moving forward. We look forward to seeing you again.