“Does the trick but a bit tired.”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead
Ranked #72 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Cape town
“Does the trick but a bit tired.”
Reviewed 1 March 2012

The hotel is in a great location and is a great base from which to explore. The staff are great, very helpful and always smiling. The rooms are acceptable, somewhat tired with old school televisions and I had a shower in the bathtub which I find frustrating.

Overall though a hotel that does what it sets out to do and is good value for money.

Room Tip: Great for shopping and for access to buck head and surrounds.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
GM_DoubletreeBuckhea, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are so glad that you chose to stay with us. We appreciate your business and your feedback on our friendly staff and our rooms. We will take note of your review in our upcoming renovation.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Cleveland, Tennessee
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We had a family reunion at this hotel and the staff could not have done enough for us. Only negative thing was the breakfast buffet. The scrambled eggs were runny and there were no biscuits. Other than that it was perfect

• Stayed February 2012
GM_DoubletreeBuckhea, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel and the nice comments on our staff. We apologize for the deficiencies with the breakfast buffet and will make sure to check on the quality moving forward. We look forward to seeing you again.
Margate, QLD
Reviewed 6 February 2012

Friendly staff, spacious rooms, clean, great location, right near the MARTA train station and walking distance to the Lennox Square Mall, would definently stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
LaGrange
Reviewed 3 February 2012

When booking this room for a seminar that was to be in house at Doubletree, there were several free options from which I could choose. I chose: Extra in-room coffee (Wofgang Puck...delicious), extra creamer etc, extra towels, slippers. All were provided and added to the luxury of the experience. Upon arrival I was treated to a warm chocolate and walnut cookie...mmmm. With complimentary coffee it was a delicious wait while they hastened to make my room complete even before check in time. They were indulgently courteous: a very nice perk to a single female traveler which often get "oh, you" as to hospitality. I think my Hilton HHonors status was a plus, and would recommend any traveler planning to stay in a Hilton to enroll. I had just enrolled, and yet it made me a preferred customer, which always adds to a stay. The room was very spacious and nicely appointed. Walking to restaurants was well within doing, and there was access to a shuttle that would take you to all of Buckhead from which you could get anything you'd like. The hotel dining looked quite delicious, though I was driving and headed out to a Buckhead BBQ joint most excellent. If driving, then parking is a bit of a fee. The way to go is come and go access for a minimal difference over park and stay. In a Hilton rating I fussed about the cost of parking, then subsequently received a free parking next stay pass from the manager of the hotel. They obviously are paying attention to their ratings, which is a good thing to see. It is a bit pricy for ALL of ATL, but not so much for the Buckhead area. It was in a nicely safe area, with much shopping potential if you are a walker at all, and relative ease to subway access from which most of ATL is available. I loved my stay, and plan to go back when my meeting venue is Buckhead or the Financial district. Oh, and the bartender downstairs very gladly lent me a glass with which to enjoy my BYOB wine, without making me feel like I was cheating her...for which I tipped her well, after the fact, and should have! Point being, she did it freely, expecting nothing. It was a totally lovely stay.

Room Tip: Always: not near the elevator or ice machine area.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
GM_DoubletreeBuckhea, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, 7 February 2012
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We are always pleased to hear when a guest was able to enjoy their stay as much as you did. I will make sure to thank the bartender for her hospitality to you! We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Rutherfordton, NC
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Great location to restaurants, shopping and MARTA. Very comfortable rooms and very good service. Don't forget to get the best cookies at time of check in.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple