1,910 results
All reviews the ritz carlton club level lobby lounge phipps plaza turn down service bit dated indoor pool room service fitness center four seasons valet parking upon check buckhead rc concierge properties mall
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised by our stay st The Whitely. After reading some of the recent reviews, I wasn't sure what kind of visit we would end up having. I am happy to report that we enjoyed our stay and we will definitely be staying here again.

We usually stay at the InterContinental Buckhead, which is right down the road from this hotel. I would say this hotel is right on par with the InterContinental, maybe exceeds it in some areas.

Our room was a standard double room, which had 2 full size beds. I thought the beds were a bit on the small side, but they were comfortable. I will say that the bathroom was small and is in no way better than the InterContinental bathrooms. They just had a standard tub/shower combo and a vanity. My favorite thing about the rooms was the espresso machine! That was a nice touch. They do have a wet bar also. The room was clean and smelled clean also. I enjoyed the robes provided in the closet as well.

I loved the pool and hot tub area! They have an indoor pool with hot tub. Usually indoor pools equate to a hot, muggy, odd smelling experience. Not at this place, they have an excellent ventilation system which makes for a more enjoyable experience. I also liked the fact that they have complimentary drink stations located throughout the hotel grounds, anything from lime water to pink lemonade.

I loved the fact that this hotel has a standard checkout time of 12 noon. They will also allow you a late checkout at NO charge, which is at 2pm. That is not usually the case at other 5 star hotels. The InterContinental charges $75 for a late checkout. This hotel is located across the street from Lenox Mall. It is within walking distance to shopping and eating.

The only negative comment I have to make is regarding the check-out process. Upon check-in, I did a cash deposit for the $200 incidental charge. The incidental charge is $100 for credit card, or $200 for cash. That is a ridiculous policy. So instead of going to the bank to make a deposit, I just decided to pay the $200 cash for incidentals. The next day when it was time to check-out, this caused a delay of us getting to leave. I had kept up with the in-room charges that we accrued during our stay, and I presented that information to the front desk lady so she could settle my charges and refund the difference in cash. We had to wait another 20 minutes for her to get someone to go verify our in-room charges to make sure we weren't stiffing them for a $12 jar of gummy bears. The lady had me wait off to the side while housekeeping checked our room. So 20 minutes later they radioed down to confirm everything I had already told her. That was a bit embarrassing to say the least. How many people staying at a 5 star hotel steal candy from the wet bar in their room? My guess is that they can certainly afford it.

All in all ... we enjoyed our stay. I will just be sure to pay incidentals with a credit card next time.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
MikeS9875, Director of Food & Beverage at The Whitley, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Kristi E, We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were also able to take advantage of many of our amenities. In trying many of our complimentary beverage stations throughout the hotel, I also hope that you got to try our house infused, Smoked Pecan Bourbon. We do sample tastings in our lobby every day at 6pm, so if you missed it this time, be sure to get a sample during your next stay. We can't wait to welcome you back!

Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

Don’t be scammed! The rooms here have NOT been upgraded. I stayed here years ago the night of Prince’s last concert. The room is EXACTLY the same but older.

The food: breakfast is good. Room service is sooooo bad! Room service is also overpriced. I paid $52 last night for a cold turkey sandwich and gross soup. ‍♀️

Service: English is not the 1st language of most of the staff. So asking a simple question is like talking to a brick wall.

Wine: I got what I consider a SIP of wine from the wine dispenser for $16. It can’t be more than 3 oz.

Parking: no in and out. I repeat, NO IN AND OUT! So you’ll pay a premium to go out to get dinner across the highway.

Spa: no amenities. No whirlpool in spa.

Marriott, ALWAYS disappoints. Hyatt, will you PLEASE status match! I’ll never be dumb enough to leave again!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank kiagriffin1
MikeS9875, Director of Food & Beverage at The Whitley, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

Thank you for your review, kiagriffin1. It is disappointing to hear about these items, and we are certainly taking a look at everything you have mentioned. Please accept my sincere apologies, as this is not truly reflective of The Whitley. It is clear that there are opportunities which we can improve on regarding our guest service, and we thank you for bringing these matters to our attention. We are excited to announce that we are embarking on a renovation of the entire property that will begin at the end of October, and we can't wait to show off our updated rooms and public spaces! This will allow us to truly transform our guests’ experience as we will be able to provide an indigenous experience that is unique to The Whitley. All the little details will allow us to provide a luxurious stay with a chic Southern flair. Every little detail will tell the story of John Whitley and his significance to the Buckhead area. Please also note that we do offer in and out privileges for our valet parking, and our whirlpool is located on the 2nd floor in our fitness area. We hope you join us once we are done with our renovation. Thank you for your feedback. We hope you will give us another chance and return back!

Reviewed 12 September 2018

I spent the last two days at The Whitley. This is one of my favorite spots in Atlanta. The rooms are fantastic and the staff treats you like family. The purpose of my trip was to meet with some new clients and business partners. The plan was to meet at a VRBO until they saw the The Whitley Hotel club level room. We quickly decided to move our meeting venue to The Whitley!

Room Tip: Any room with a view of the City and of course club level access.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank joelarline

We are so happy to hear that you love our Whitley Club, joelarline! It really is a special place tucked away within our hotel and is perfect for a quiet meeting of the minds. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time that you are in Atlanta.

Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

My experience started with making a reservation on the SPG site. While making the reservation I checked the Box provided for early check-in. What I found out was at this hotel does not permit early check-in, even when the room is available. In fact, an early check-in will result in a charge of 1/2 day. I have never had an experience where my room is actually available and I was not permitted to check in early. A first. Why would the website offer such a preference if it would not honor it. Secondly, this is an old hotel. I heard staff talk about the renovation to come, but in its current state it is an outdated frumpy Hotel. The bathrooms in the rooms on the executive club level are tiny and they don't have a walk in shower. But for the great towels and bath accessories you would think you were in a 2 star hotel. There is also no television in the club Lounge which I thought was strange. I hear it's coming with the renovation...

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rich K
MikeS9875, Director of Food & Beverage at The Whitley, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Thank you for your review, Rich K. It is truly disappointing to hear that you had challenges with an early check-in. We will also absolutely be discussing your points of concern with our front office to ensure that everything is working properly. Please accept my sincere apologies, as this is not reflective of The Whitley. It is clear that there are opportunities which we can improve on. We are excited to announce that we are embarking on a renovation of the entire property that will begin at the end of October, and we can't wait to show off our updated rooms and public spaces! This will allow us to truly transform our guests’ experience as we will be able to provide an indigenous experience that is unique to The Whitley. All the little details will allow us to provide a luxurious stay with a chic Southern flair. Every little detail will tell the story of John Whitley and his significance to the Buckhead area. We hope you join us once we are done with our renovation. Thank you for your feedback. We hope you will give us another chance and return back!

Reviewed 7 September 2018

Recently had dinner at Trade Root and it was quite a delish experience! Loved the bold flavors in each dish. Presentation was on point and dishes are perfect portions to share with large groups! Salmon dish was so tasty! Highly recommend the zucchini cakes for an appetizer! Will most certainly return soon!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank mwdogs
Mike S, Director of Food & Beverage at The Whitley, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2018

Thank you for noting your wonderful experience and recommending us to others, mwdogs! We appreciate you choosing to dine with us and couldn't agree more that we offer some wonderful dishes. I love the zucchini cakes, too! We look forward to welcoming you back, and will even have a new menu for you to try in a couple weeks.