1,893 results
All reviewsthe ritz carltonclub levellobby loungephipps plazaturn down servicebit datedindoor poolroom servicefitness centerfour seasonsvalet parkingupon checkbuckheadrcconciergepropertiesmall
Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

I have not stayed at the hotel but went for a business lunch meeting. The food was delicious and the service was really good. Meeting Chef Marc was the highlight of the day since you don’t get to see many chefs interacting with the guests nowadays. It was amazing he took the time to explain us some of the items since i consider myself a foodie.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Ist1979
Mike S, Director of Food & Beverage at The Whitley, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

It is also great to know that you enjoyed lunch with us at Trade Root. But what means the most to me is knowing that the service you received throughout your time with us was exemplary. I will make sure to share your lovely feedback with Chef Marc and all our team members, as I know it will mean a great deal to them. Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 13 August 2018

Because this was a former Ritz -Carleton, now a Starwood owned property and is about to merge with Marriott ( Husband is a Premier Platinum Elite member ) and was in a perfect location I thought I'd try it . This hotel rates maybe a 3 star rating because it is dated , the rooms are a bit shabby , not especially clean and feels run down . But I gave it a 2 star because of an incident with a valet /hotel employee who who was frighteningly aggressive and threatening. As an older women who' was traveling alone this was singularly the worst treatment I've ever had at ANY hotel. I asked to speak to a General manager to report the employee for his horribly innapropriate behavior and was given an assistant desk manager. She tried to resolve the problem and her attempt at the time was laudable. However, the next day when I spoke to her supervisor she was unaware of this incident. This leads me to believe that no one in the upper management tier to oversee this employee has been notified of his actions toward a guest. From the the reactions of his fellow workers at the front of the hotel ( who scattered when he started his tirade at me ) it is probably safe to assume that this is not the first time he has behaved this way, and as he is the Valet manager thus their boss .

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Needsomepretty
Mike S, Director of Food & Beverage at The Whitley, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

First and foremost, please accept my sincerest apologies for the unsatisfactory experience you had during your time with us. Please know that what you describe here is not the level of service expected of our employees and our product. We know how important it is to have positive interactions with all of our associates and it is clear that we missed the mark. Please know that we are taking all of your feedback into consideration so that we can continue improving our guest experience. I also understand that you have been in contact with our Director of Rooms to further resolve your situation. We hope you will give us another opportunity to gain your trust and show you the outstanding service we normally provide.

Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

The last time we stayed at this property is was a Ritz Carlton in desperate need of a little TLC. The interior has been updated in some aspects but not in others such as the out of date iPod alarm clocks. Our room was clean and spacious although I don’t think we were upgraded (we are platinum members) even still we enjoyed our room. We had a couples massage at the spa and thoroughly enjoyed our experience. The only downfall was in the club level lounge. I arrived for breakfast just before 10:00 and observed items being pulled well before the 10:30 ending time. The action did not affect me personally but it was rather off putting to watch guests being scolded about what time breakfast ends. The staff also rushed to remove plates from tables even as guests were still utilizing them. It didn’t feel relaxed or comfortable. The staff made us feel like an inconvenience.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank momof2inga
Mike S, Director of Food & Beverage at The Whitley, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2018

It was a pleasure to welcome you as our guest, and we’re elated that you enjoyed your overall stay with us, as well as our award winning spa. We are continuing our renovations over the coming months and can't wait to show off all of our new rooms and spaces. Also, thank you for bringing to my attention the issue you encountered in our Club level. That is not indicative of what we strive for with our staff and service, and we will be sure to address that immediately. We do look forward to welcoming you back to the Whitley, and appreciate your review!

Reviewed 31 July 2018

Stayed 3 nights and was pleased for the most part. The hotel could use a make over in the room area. The bar was nice, Pool area very nice and the locker rooms were upscale. The décor was nice and the staff very friendly. Self parking was not bad. They have spaces available which is not always the case. 17.00 a day in the self park. We ate off property most nights. I did check out the area. It looked very nice and the menu was priced in line with other offerings off property.

Room Tip: you will find the pool area very nice. Good view of Atlanta from the 8th floor
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Mike S, Director of Food & Beverage at The Whitley, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

Thank you for staying with us, Michael A! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed many of our great amenities such as our lounge, our indoor saltwater pool and our friendly staff. We are embarking on a whole hotel renovation in just a couple months and can't wait for you to join us again so that you can enjoy our updated guestrooms as well. Thank you for your review, we look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

This is a lovely hotel in the Buckhead area of Atlanta. I enjoyed a 2 night stay in the hotel. The hotel used to be the Ritz and it still has the elegance you would associate with a Ritz. The room was also nice with an excellent view. The service from the staff was exceptional as well. On the downside this is an expensive hotel and parking a car at the hotel was very expensive. I also thought the bathroom was too small. The bed is very comfortable and the moment my head hit the pillow I was asleep. There are 2 malls walking distance from the hotel, so there are many restaurant options available. All in all I enjoyed staying at this hotel.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Sarab D
Mike S, Director of Food & Beverage at The Whitley, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We are so pleased to know that you enjoyed the hotel's location and setting. It sounds like you were well taken care of throughout your stay by our great team of service professionals and I will be sure to share your kind words with everyone. We certainly make every effort to deliver the highest standard of customer service to all our guests, and it is always encouraging to receive such compliments and comments. We look forward to welcoming you back again! Thank you for your review, Sarab D!