All reviews front desk emory hospital staybridge suites valet parking ga tech fox theater marta train station convenient location rooftop pool city view street noise lobby area up to date checking in breakfast buffet valet service comfortable room
Reviewed 11 October 2016

The Crowne Plaza Hotel in midtown Atlanta was a pleasant stay. My mother and I had a wonderful trip in Atlanta while staying at the Crowne. The proximity of the train to the hotel also made it simple to commute to and from the airport. During our stay Mr. Derrick Reid created an atmosphere that exemplified sophistication, class, and friendliness. We were well taken care of both times we dined in at the hotel restaurant for breakfast (Absolutely the best breakfast, using all fresh ingredients), he made certain that we were satisfied overall. I would highly recommend this hotel because of the emphasis on guest satisfaction.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Samkele N
patrickpalmer, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Atlanta - Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2016

Dear Samkele N:
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor for the Crowne Plaza Atlanta-Midtown. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I appreciate the outstanding score for all areas of the hotel. It is especially nice to read your comments about your interaction with Derrick and your satisfaction with our breakfast in the FIRST Restaurant.

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 11 October 2016 via mobile

My daughter and I went to Atlanta for a friend's daughters wedding. During that time we went to the restaurant "First" for breakfast. Not knowing what to expect we were anticipating the usual experience of marginal food and mediocre service. We were pleasantly surprised by the friendliness and professionalism of the staff...Ghada and Derek Reid in particular. I ordered from the buffet but I also ordered an omelette which was served piping hot, which is very important to me, while my daughter was trying to decide what would be best. From across the room Derek saw that she was having difficulty deciding and quickly came over to offer suggestions that resolved her dilemma. As for Ghada, she was very friendly and attentive without being overbearing! Derek also checked back to ensure we were satisfied. This kind of customer service, attentiveness and attention to detail is rare these days in customer service! I hope management realizes what jewels they have in these two individuals.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
patrickpalmer, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Atlanta - Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2016

Dear RTolley123:
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor for the Crowne Plaza Atlanta-Midtown. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience at our morning restaurant First. I appreciate the great comments for Ghada and Derek. I will share your comments with them as well as, the entire team.

I hope your travel bring you back to the area soon and we look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 9 October 2016

This hotel is in a great location and the staff was very friendly. At the time of writing this review, the hotel was undergoing renovation and our room was on a floor "in progress" and it just seemed a bit strange. The check in process seemed to be quite laborious for the staff and it took what seemed like a long time to check in the two people in line ahead of us.

Stayed: November 2015

Dear MikeBarry657:
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor for the Crowne Plaza Atlanta -Midtown. I am glad that you found our location to be good and I appreciate the mention of our friendly staff. However, I am confused about the renovation comment. The hotel completed a renovation in June but your comment was posted yesterday.

Please know, we appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the Atlanta area.

Reviewed 9 October 2016 via mobile

For the price being charged for these rooms you would think that the elevators would function without fail. Four elevators and only one works. 20+ guests waiting for Judy one elevator out of four. I think we should charge Crowne Plaza for our TIME if we have to put up with their in efficiency or perhaps cost cutting savings on overhead
Quite bluntly this is the 2nd day in a row guests had to suck it up waiting for elevators.
Not sure I will come back

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business

Dear tautavel:
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor for the Crowne Plaza. I am sorry that you had to wait for an elevator and that it caused you inconvenience. Please know, this experience is not the normal and we strive to provide favorable memories.

Again, thank you for your review.

Reviewed 9 October 2016

I enjoyed my stay at this property. The rooms were nice and clean. The desk staff made check in easy. THE BEST PART OF MY STAY WAS DEREK IN THE BREAKFAST AREA. This guy is AMAZING!!! He REALLY, REALLY, REALLY DESERVES A RAISE. His customer service alone was exceptional. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family

Dear MizzDee26:
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you experienced the Crowne Plaza Atlanta-Midtown. I am especially pleased that you enjoyed your breakfast and I appreciate the shout out to Derek. I agree he is an asset to the hotel! Your review will be shared with all of the team members.

Again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to serving you in the future.