“Quiet, Comfy Rooms”

Sheraton Atlanta Hotel
Ranked #44 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 29 April 2015 via mobile

We stayed two nights for a volleyball tournament this month. Other than the bathroom being a bit on the small side, the room was comfortable. They have a lovely indoor pool and hot tub in a tropical setting. The food choices on site were good and I was happy to have a mini frig in the room. There was also a safe suitable for my laptop. Sadly, no HGTV to feed my addiction. Also, parking costs $12 per day which I think should be included. I was pleased there was free in room wi-fI. Getting around downtown is either walking, cab or Uber in addition to ones own car. The door staff told us it was a $10 flat rate for downtown, which was wrong....its $8 for the 1st person plus $2 for each additional. This made a total of $14 for me and 3 kids vs $6 or less with Uber for the same distance. I told the doorman when we came back and his manager, Mohammed, called me and arranged our next transport at no charge as an apology for the wrong information. I found this not only very kind but excellent customer service. Overall, it was a very good stay.

Stayed: April 2015
Heather D, Director of Guest Experience at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2015

Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate your feedback and will take note on the areas where we can improve. We apologize again for the incorrect transportation information, but are glad to know Mohammed was able to remedy that issue. We hope to provide you with a 5-star experience the next time you stay with us.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,240)

Reviewed 29 April 2015 via mobile

We had a volleyball tournament downtown Atlanta so stayed at the Sheraton to make things easier. We took cabs around downtown and Sheraton was great at getting us cabs. The hotel is in good shape and has every convenience. The room was very clean, but small. Jerome Smith helped us with our bags and was so friendly.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family

Thank you for your review. We are glad we were able to offer convenience to the convention center as well as efficient transportation. We appreciate the shout-out for Jerome and his ability to assist you so well with your luggage. We hope the tournament went well and you'll be back to see us next year.

Reviewed 28 April 2015

Hotels was within walking distance to Georgia Aquarium and a few sports bars.
Our room was very clean, overlooking the pool area.
The breakfast was delicious and you get the all you can eat omelet station, plus smoked salmon.
The frond desk employees were all very, very helpful.
Everyone I met in the lobby, or the hallway, were very polite and friendly
Aaron and Zahari at the bell station gave us directions, Andre knows everything about the city.
Front desk clerk, that gave us the key( can't remember her name) was very sweet too.
Anytime I travel to Georgia, this hotel will be my number one choice.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at our hotel. We appreciate the recognition of Aaron, Zahari, and Andre; the team members who made a lasting impression on your stay. It's an honor to be your number one choice for when traveling to Downtown Atlanta. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit.

Reviewed 28 April 2015 via mobile

My wife had called before our visit to let them know it was our anniversary and the staff said we would get a surprise during our stay. Went out for dinner and came back to a great set up in our room from staff(Don't want to give out secret). They really made our visit meaningful with such an unexpected gesture. Thanks to Jim Ledford concierge and entire hotel staff for everything. Hotel is also great comfortable beds excellent location to everything in downtown Atlanta. Headed back to Hot tub and pool. Thanks!

Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OldBuckJohnson

Thank you for your review. It was such a pleasure to serve you during your anniversary and to play a special role in making your stay so memorable. We are glad you enjoyed the surprise as well as our pool, hot tub, and service! Take care! We hope to have you and your wife back with us soon.

Reviewed 27 April 2015

I stayed for 2 nights this weekend and had a great time. My hubby was here for business but me and the kids tagged along for fun. The 3rd floor was great. You could see the indoor pool (very pretty area) and there were several eating options at many price points. The internet cafe was good as well. It had a very cozy vibe to it. I liked the dinner buffet in Collage on Sat. night. They were also showing a movie which was a nice touch. The buffet price was very reasonable for ATL dining. Our family of four ate for under $50 and we were stuffed.

The location was very good. We were in walking distance from the Centennial Park area and we passed by lots of shopping. There was free Streetcar transportation that was not very far either and it looped around the Cent. Park area. So you could hop on and off at various points.

Overall it was a nice facility...but nothing is perfect. There were a couple of minor negatives...#1: Housekeeping did not get rooms cleaned until really late. When we came back to the hotel around 5:30ish. We just wanted to get a shower and get something to eat. The room had not been cleaned and the housekeeping staff was just unlocking our door. I know the hotel was booked full, but really...5:30 is a little late to still be cleaning when we had been out all day. We made use of the 3rd floor internet cafe while we waited. It wasn't too long, but still an inconvenience.
#2 - There is a $12.95 surcharge for wi-fi in the room. I was not aware of the charge before our kids had already figured out how to log-on. When I logged on myself I only saw a screen where you entered your room # and name. I never saw the screen that detailed fees for using. I would have like to have been asked if we wanted access at check-in and been given a code. Our kids are tech savvy and quick to jump on without understanding fully that there is a cost. We mostly stay at the Marriot and it is usually complimentary at the basic Marriot Reward level. We are SPG members as well, but not at a high enough level to get in-room wi-fi. The front desk staffer was very understanding and he explained that the info. about costs was listed on the initial screen. But since our kids logged on first, the adults never saw that. Thankfully, he waived the the fee for us. We had a conversation with our kids that during the next hotel stay, either me or their dad had to log-on first and then we would let them know if they could use the internet.
Overall, we had a great time and the facility was clean and the staff was friendly and accommodating. We would gladly stay here again.

Room Tip: There is a service elevator near the end of the hallway near the ice machine room... It was much qui...