3,447 results
All reviews the club lounge jerome smith retractable roof self parking third floor bell staff southern hospitality indoor pool the entire staff downtown area olympic park georgia aquarium fandangles shirley conference bellman dragon
Reviewed 29 April 2015 via mobile

We had a volleyball tournament downtown Atlanta so stayed at the Sheraton to make things easier. We took cabs around downtown and Sheraton was great at getting us cabs. The hotel is in good shape and has every convenience. The room was very clean, but small. Jerome Smith helped us with our bags and was so friendly.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
Heather D, Director of Guest Experience at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2015

Thank you for your review. We are glad we were able to offer convenience to the convention center as well as efficient transportation. We appreciate the shout-out for Jerome and his ability to assist you so well with your luggage. We hope the tournament went well and you'll be back to see us next year.

Reviewed 28 April 2015

Hotels was within walking distance to Georgia Aquarium and a few sports bars.
Our room was very clean, overlooking the pool area.
The breakfast was delicious and you get the all you can eat omelet station, plus smoked salmon.
The frond desk employees were all very, very helpful.
Everyone I met in the lobby, or the hallway, were very polite and friendly
Aaron and Zahari at the bell station gave us directions, Andre knows everything about the city.
Front desk clerk, that gave us the key( can't remember her name) was very sweet too.
Anytime I travel to Georgia, this hotel will be my number one choice.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at our hotel. We appreciate the recognition of Aaron, Zahari, and Andre; the team members who made a lasting impression on your stay. It's an honor to be your number one choice for when traveling to Downtown Atlanta. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit.

Reviewed 28 April 2015 via mobile

My wife had called before our visit to let them know it was our anniversary and the staff said we would get a surprise during our stay. Went out for dinner and came back to a great set up in our room from staff(Don't want to give out secret). They really made our visit meaningful with such an unexpected gesture. Thanks to Jim Ledford concierge and entire hotel staff for everything. Hotel is also great comfortable beds excellent location to everything in downtown Atlanta. Headed back to Hot tub and pool. Thanks!

Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OldBuckJohnson

Thank you for your review. It was such a pleasure to serve you during your anniversary and to play a special role in making your stay so memorable. We are glad you enjoyed the surprise as well as our pool, hot tub, and service! Take care! We hope to have you and your wife back with us soon.

Reviewed 27 April 2015

I stayed for 2 nights this weekend and had a great time. My hubby was here for business but me and the kids tagged along for fun. The 3rd floor was great. You could see the indoor pool (very pretty area) and there were several eating options at many price points. The internet cafe was good as well. It had a very cozy vibe to it. I liked the dinner buffet in Collage on Sat. night. They were also showing a movie which was a nice touch. The buffet price was very reasonable for ATL dining. Our family of four ate for under $50 and we were stuffed.

The location was very good. We were in walking distance from the Centennial Park area and we passed by lots of shopping. There was free Streetcar transportation that was not very far either and it looped around the Cent. Park area. So you could hop on and off at various points.

Overall it was a nice facility...but nothing is perfect. There were a couple of minor negatives...#1: Housekeeping did not get rooms cleaned until really late. When we came back to the hotel around 5:30ish. We just wanted to get a shower and get something to eat. The room had not been cleaned and the housekeeping staff was just unlocking our door. I know the hotel was booked full, but really...5:30 is a little late to still be cleaning when we had been out all day. We made use of the 3rd floor internet cafe while we waited. It wasn't too long, but still an inconvenience.
#2 - There is a $12.95 surcharge for wi-fi in the room. I was not aware of the charge before our kids had already figured out how to log-on. When I logged on myself I only saw a screen where you entered your room # and name. I never saw the screen that detailed fees for using. I would have like to have been asked if we wanted access at check-in and been given a code. Our kids are tech savvy and quick to jump on without understanding fully that there is a cost. We mostly stay at the Marriot and it is usually complimentary at the basic Marriot Reward level. We are SPG members as well, but not at a high enough level to get in-room wi-fi. The front desk staffer was very understanding and he explained that the info. about costs was listed on the initial screen. But since our kids logged on first, the adults never saw that. Thankfully, he waived the the fee for us. We had a conversation with our kids that during the next hotel stay, either me or their dad had to log-on first and then we would let them know if they could use the internet.
Overall, we had a great time and the facility was clean and the staff was friendly and accommodating. We would gladly stay here again.

Room Tip: There is a service elevator near the end of the hallway near the ice machine room... It was much quicker to take. You did not have to walk all the way up the hall and then wait for several minutes for the main elevator during peak times. It was literally almost right at our door and very quite.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. It seems you truly got a chance to experience what Downtown Atlanta has to offer with the free Street car and the convenience of our location to shopping and attractions. We appreciate the feedback regarding housekeeping and the in-room wi-fi charges. We will take those comments and use them to improve future experiences. We hope to have you and your family back with us.

Reviewed 27 April 2015 via mobile

Very friendly and supportive staff. I needed sim card and when I a staff member about the nearest phone store she informed me of the closest Walmart. Before I could thank her she volunteered to give me a ride after she finished her shift. I would definitely stay Sheraton Atlanta again.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank LanceIndigo

Thank you for sharing your connection with one of our team members who provided you with exceptional service. We strive to go above and beyond for our guests and that seemed to have happened here. We hope to have another opportunity to provide you with the same experience during your next visit.