“Great Location, Great Price!”

Courtyard Atlanta Midtown/Georgia Tech
Ranked #102 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 29 May 2012

This hotel is located in the Georgia Tech area, but for those who may have heard bad things about this area the hotel is right off the interstate and is on a hill and fenced off away from the neighborhood. Parking is free onsite and the grounds are beautiful. It has a nice pool, as well as an indoor spa/whirlpool. The lobby is spacious with computers, a big screen tv, and the bistro (open only limited hours). Staff was friendly and allowed us to stay a bit longer than checkout time since my kids were enjoying the pool. Since it was a holiday, my rate was only $99. On the downside, the internet did not work with our computer, and as with most Courtyards, no free breakfast. The room was on the small side and lacked a fridge or microwave, but this is the budget chain for Marriot. The market food was quite expensive. If you have more than a few people, I might consider getting the breakfast rate, since breakfast is rather pricy. The Starbucks is only open limited hours, which was disappointing. But overall, I would stay here again for the location, pools, and ease of getting to the main highways to get around town.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 2 May 2012

This hotel is very clean. Immediately upon arrival staff greets you in a welcoming manner. The lobby layout is very comfortable for relaxing and sitting down with others. The rooms are clean. The regular internet access speed is more than adequate. The shuttle service is super convenient. We were dropped off in the morning at our destination, and in the afternoon we would call the shuttle driver and he would pick us up shortly thereafter. The breakfast options met and surpassed my expectations, since I am accustomed to settling for unhealthy food while travelling and the hotel provided oatmeal and yogurt for breakfast, in addition to less healthy options. Also, the price was much lower than for neighboring hotels. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask the staff to provide a room with a cityscape view.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ben_from_philly
Reviewed 26 March 2012

We arrived in Atlanta to see the Jimmy Carter museum. This Courtyard is nice clean , the lobby is on the modern side. After a AAA discount we paid 169.00. Do not come late to breakfast. Two min. Late and they will charge you!

Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Rosegomez07
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I recently stayed here while making a college visit to Georgia Tech with my son. The location was good, but not as close as I would have imagined it would be. It was easy to find, as it is right off the highway. You can definitely hear the noise from highway traffic in your room. The front desk staff was very nice and accomodating. The room was clean, and spacious, and had a very modern feel. The linens could be updated, ESPECIALLY the towels. I don't think the bath towels could have been any thinner. If my son ends up attending Georgia Tech, we will explore what our other hotel options are when visiting campus. This hotel wasn't bad, but I don't feel compelled to stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Susan E
Reviewed 23 March 2012

This was a wonderful suprise to see the new Courtyard in action! I loved everything about the place and most of all the staff was genually friendly and caring! I know from Managing people that you can not train attitude. That Manager and His Assistant Manager have done an amazing job finding the right people and continually motivate them!

When I came in in the morning, they were there to help serve. When I left at night, they were there making sure everyone's needs are met. Outstanding leadership show here. My only wish is that they get time to go home too!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business