“Outstanding Service Sets Marcel Apart”
Review of Marcel

Marcel
Reserve with OpenTable
Marcel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #139 of 4,262 Restaurants in Atlanta
Price range: USD 50 - USD 100
Reviewed 24 August 2016

This is one of the most enjoyable meals I've had in memory in Atlanta. Like the other reviewers, I found the service outstanding - friendly without overstepping, polished, courteous and informative. I can't say enough good things about it. The food was very good - I enjoyed the steak tartare and the chicken paillard (very tasty, but should have been pounded a little thinner). I have already made another reservation just a week later, which I don't often do. I highly recommend Marcel.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

This is now my most favorite restaurant for a good steak in Atlanta. The atmosphere is awesome and the staff is very knowledgeable. The French flare is great!

Reviewed 16 August 2016

Great destination for special occasions. Intimate setting in a bustling area of town. The food is very good, but the service and attention to detail is what differentiates Marcel. Many of my friends recommended the baked Alaskan for dessert, however, after dinner there was simply no room left for dessert.

Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

Great atmosphere and wonderful service. We had a long leisurely dinner with my brother and his wife. A tad expensive but worth it. Felt like we were in Paris. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 26 July 2016

We have been to Marcel numerous times, mostly for their late night menu. We love the atmosphere and appreciate the interesting decor. We decided to go there for dinner around 7:45 last Friday night and try out the regular dinner menu. We had high expectations of Ford Fry's restaurant. We were VERY disappointed.
We are true foodies and love to cook and eat out regularly. We try new things all the time and never have an issue paying higher prices for exceptional food and service. Marcel not only disappointed on food but also on service.
When we arrived, at a quarter to 8, we were told they could not seat us inside as they were expecting reservations but could seat us out on the patio. We relented and sat outside along with one other couple. As we walked outside we noticed the large amount of open seats inside the restaurant. About halfway through our meal, I got up to use the restroom and those same tables were still empty. So we sat outside in the heat while there were perfectly good tables inside available.
You would think that because we were one of two tables on the patio that we would be given phenomenal service and attention. We had to wait for waters and our service throughout the meal was generally slow. We weren't trying to speed through our dinner and even told the waitress that we were happy to doddle but when we had to flag down food runners and sommeliers to get another glass of wine or bernaise for the fries, we got a bit frustrated. Then we ordered coffee and dessert. The coffee came and yet the dessert came well after we had finished all the wine and the coffee on the table. At that point we really didn't want to sit and wait for the dessert we had ordered and were about to tell the other table's waitress to tell the kitchen never mind when it showed up.
On top of the not so great service, the food was so salty that it was near inedible. I tend to like my food on the saltier side but this was over the top and the only thing you noticed about the meal. They brought out their usual appetizers for the table, sliced meat, whipped ricotta and skillet bread. My boyfriend wasn't even done with his piece of bread and we still had two (out of four) pieces of the sliced meat on the table when the busser came through and took our bread plates and all the remaining appetizers. I suppose it isn't kosher to continue to nibble on these when your main course arrives?
Overall we typically love Ford Fry's restaurants and have had many great late night meals at Marcel but are utterly disappointed in the service and food quality from our neighborhood restaurant. For what they charge for the meal, I would expect more.

2  Thank kat3martini

Been to Marcel? Share your experiences!