“Saturday Dinner.”

Purnima Bangladeshi Cuisine
Ranked #589 of 4,263 Restaurants in Atlanta
Price range: USD 11 - USD 18
Cuisines: Bangladeshi
Description: Our restaurant ranging from a wide variety of both Indian and Bangladeshi cuisines. That includes: Biriyani Masala Curry Vindaloo Halim Quil Roast samosa traditional Bangladeshi fish tandoori and so much more! Plus, we're also vegan friendly with our wide variety of vegetable dishes as well!
Reviewed 16 July 2017

Wife and I, Saturday dinner. This is a small restaurant, with a very friendly Bengali staff, almost a family atmosphere. Attentive, professional staff. Excellent food. We had shingara appetizers (very good), then I had a lamb biryani, which was excellent and perfectly spiced; she had butter chicken. Generous portions. No wines or beer.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

I ordered GrubHub, so I can't speak to the restaurant, but everything was delicious. Would absolutely order from them (or visit) again! Particularly liked the Lamb Shaag and Chicken Shingara. Only complaint is that the desserts seemed small for the price, but that certainly didn't diminish our enjoyment of the dinner.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Me and a friend went there after a long day of rock climbing at Stone Summit, a climbing gym nearby. We were just visiting town and went to this restaurant on a whim. What a great choice we made! The menu has Bangladeshi as well as some Indian dishes. I'd never had Bangladeshi food so I asked our server for recommendations. We ordered a lentil appetizer that was amazing and came with naan bread. The entrees were awesome. Because it was our first time there, the server gave us a small free dessert. I can't say enough about this place, but if you live in the area or are visiting, please do yourself a favor and go there!

Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

We had a great experience at Purnima! The food was absolutely incredible and the servers and manager were so attentive and helpful! The menu was also full of vegetarian options! We definitely plan on returning!!

1  Thank davisruthemily
Reviewed 25 June 2017

It had been a while since going out for "Indian" food. Our favorite Indian restaurant had closed some months ago so we tried another place recently, which was not very good. I looked up Indian and "Indian Style" restaurants in Atlanta and came across Purnima Bangladeshi Cuisine, and based on the high reviews, we decided to try it. Located on Buford Highway not far from the CDC near Brookhaven. We ordered the Butter Chicken (under chef specials) and Begoon Bhorta (eggplant) dishes, along with aloo paratha (potato stuffed naan bread). I ordered the eggplant mild and the chicken dish medium. One of my pet peeves is that over the years, when I have ordered food mild at "Indian" restaurants, it comes too spicy or when ordered medium, it is different each time. In this case, both dishes were perfectly spiced, the eggplant was indeed mild as ordered and the medium spiced Butter Chicken had a kick, but was not so hot that my mouth was on fire. Being our first time at the restaurant, the owner brought us a complimentary dessert, which was very much appreciated and tasty. The rice pudding was a perfect consistency, not runny like some I have had at lunch buffets over the years.The aloo porata was very authentic and excellent as well. Will definitely be back to try some of the other chicken and lamb dishes. As we were leaving, I saw another customer had ordered the regular naan and it looked delicious. They also deliver within about 15 miles so it is good to know. Purnima Bangladeshi is a hidden gem. Give it a try. You won't be sorry.