“Bangladeshi Curries”

Purnima Bangladeshi Cuisine
Ranked #417 of 4,021 Restaurants in Atlanta
Price range: USD 11 - USD 18
Cuisines: Bangladeshi
Description: Our restaurant ranging from a wide variety of both Indian and Bangladeshi cuisines. That includes: Biriyani Masala Curry Vindaloo Halim Quil Roast samosa traditional Bangladeshi fish tandoori and so much more! Plus, we're also vegan friendly with our wide variety of vegetable dishes as well!
Reviewed 6 November 2016

Great Indian curries with a Bangladeshi touch and spellings. Saag was perfect and paneer masala spiced perfectly. The naan was OK and we also had some riata. This is located in Doraville and was quite a drive from midtown, but was worth the trip. We will return.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 16 August 2016 via mobile

Loved all the dishes we ordered halim and butter chicken were my favourite. Also chicken wings were really good, amazing food and quick delivery.

Reviewed 15 August 2016

OK, I don't have a wealth of experience with this cuisine, but I loved everything I tried at this restaurant. The food is similar, but also very different from other Indian food I've had. the owner told me that the Bangladeshi food uses fresh spices as opposed to the dried spices used in most Indian food. We tried the Halim and the Mulligatawny soup for starters and both were delicious (the best Mulligatawny soup I've ever had). We then had the Lamb Tikka Moshol-La (slightly sweet, but not as sweet and more flavorful than other Tikka dishes I've had) and a spicy vegetable dish - Chana Begoon - with chickpeas and eggplant. Of course we had rice and naan bread. I really loved the food. I'm don't have a great tolerance for really spicy food, but even the Chana Begoon, which was quite spicy for me, was so delicious that I just kept going back for more. The Lamb Tikka was so complex and addictive. They had quail on the menu, and the owner told us that this is a something common in his country. I will definitely try it next time - which will be soon.

The service was so warm and friendly and the the small restaurant tucked away in a strip mall on Buford Highway is just lovely inside. The owner volunteered that he had just re-decorated and it's really nice. The staff was so knowledgeable and helpful and they were careful to ask about how we wanted the spice level in our selections. You really need to try this place. The food is obviously made with great care and love.

1  Thank BN-Atlanta
Reviewed 29 June 2016 via mobile

I visited Purnima for dinner and was impressed with the service. We arrived around 4:45 pm and was greeted with friendly staff and fresh bottles of water on the table. The waiter that we had was knowledgable of the menu and when I asked for a few explanations of the dishes he knew exactly where they were on the menu. Very helpful. We ordered the Combination Tandoori Plate that came with variety of meats to try all. The lamb and chicken were very flavorful and soft. The Naan Bread and Samosas were delightful also. Great service and we even got our bottles of water replenished without having to ask. Would definitely recommend the quaint restaurant.

1  Thank crazchick23
Reviewed 31 May 2016

Had a 2 day trip to Atlanta, I am a pure bengali and look for Bengali/ Bangladeshi food joints. Awesome food - the naan was fantastic, the Goat curry was fabulous and - saved the best for the last - the fish curry (Macher jhol). 2 big pieces of Rohu smothered in gravy at your spice level with Basmati rice - feels like back home..
Make sure you go there -