“welcome to this fantastic site”

Center for Civil and Human Rights
Book In Advance
More Info
USD 21.77*
and up
Atlanta Center for Civil and Human Rights General...
Ranked #3 of 248 things to do in Atlanta
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Center for Civil and Human Rights in downtown Atlanta is an engaging cultural attraction that connects The American Civil Rights Movement to today's Global Human Rights Movements. The Center features four immersive and thought-provoking exhibit spaces, including a continually rotating gallery of items from The Morehouse College Martin Luther King, Jr. Collection, where visitors can view the personal papers and items of Dr. King. The Center also provides designated event spaces and educational programs inspiring visitors to join the ongoing dialogue about contemporary movements for human rights around the world. The Center for Civil and Human Rights is open 7 days a week. Regular Hours: Monday - Saturday, 10 AM to 5 PM (Last admittance at 4:00 PM) Sunday, 12 PM to 5 PM(Last admittance at 4:00 p.M.) Closed on Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. Extended Summer Hours: Friday and Saturday 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM through June 30 and Friday and Saturdays 10:00 AM throughout July.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Stairs / lift, Activities for older children
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Amazing venue to better understand our species long fight for rights and justice. The Center works hard to stay current and will vary their exhibits, so check their site and plan on returning. They also host many special events that can be free or low cost to experience the location and gain a deeper understanding from content matter experts.

1  Thank Victor H
Write a ReviewReviews (1,810)
All reviews
in 18 reviews
"centennial park"
in 19 reviews

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

On the 50th anniversary of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. it seemed like another great opportunity to teach our children of the great sacrifices that many brave men & women have done on our behalf. The exhibition on the top floor sets the mode of some of the atrocities committed, but also shed beams of hope for the current and future generations. Though the lunch room line is significantly long, we highly recommend that you wait in line just to witness a sliver of everyday life for a colored person. Though it’s solely audio reference, it truly gave us a different perspective and respect for these civil rights warriors. Thank you to the many corporate sponsors that have made this museum possible. It’s not enough to solely read about the struggles in February during Black History month nor on MLK Jr’s birthday. A huge shout out to FedEx as well for paying everyone’s admission today.

1  Thank nerysm2017
Reviewed 4 April 2018

This museum has a huge collection of recordings, videos and artifacts to recount the story around civil rights in the USA and how it relates nowadays to civil rights around the worlds as well as the fight for greater equality.

Date of experience: April 2018
KCRaymer, Manager at Center for Civil and Human Rights, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Claude: We are sorry that you felt that our ticket price was high. We pride ourselves on providing a competitively priced ticket for a value experience. I encourage you to join our newletter to find out about sponsored events and promotional offerings. Thank you for visiting and we hope you will come again.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

This is a beautiful museum! I have a better appreciation for my own culture because of this museum. I shared this experience with my 2 teenage daughters, my teenage niece, my 8 year old special needs son, and my mother. This have ADA accommodations and a powerful exhibit about sit-ins. This museum is a must-see, and it’s next to the Georgia Aquarium and World of Coca-Cola.

1  Thank Ashley A