“Very Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #43 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Very Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2012 via mobile

It is a nice hotel in a great location. Clean room and attentive staff. Only problem was our room was not ready at 5 PM and we had to sit and wait. I would stay here again. Cigar shop next door and Legal Sea Food in the building are nice additions.

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Harman H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 1 October 2012
Thank you so much for the positive feedback on your stay! I appreciate your business and sincerely thank you for being understanding about the check-in delay. As we strive to improve, we take all of your feedback into consideration - good and bad. We hope to have you visit again!

Safe travels,

Harman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Korean first
Windsor, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2012

We picked this hotel because it is so close to the Aquarium. It is in a great location, close to World of coke and the Georgia Aquarium, which is what we came to Atlanta for. Near great parks. We took the MARTA to and from the Airport, very easily accessed. Breakfast buffet was great, as well as the seafood restaurant on site. The pools and hot tubs were great and not crowded. The room was very spacious. Staff is beyond wonderful, all so helpful and pleasant. Would stay here again on my next trip to Atlanta.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Harman H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 19 September 2012
Thank you so much for posting a review about your visit! We take a great deal of pride in being a part of the downtown Atlanta experience. Our pool is big hit with most guests and I'm glad that you got to enjoy it. If your travels bring you back to Atlanta, we would love to serve you again.

Best Wishes,

Flushing, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

Stayed here overnight to visit the World of Coca Cola and the following morning, I found out that car was broken into on the driver's side and TWO luggage was stolen along with a VHS camcorder with the case. The manager of the hotel says the self parking garage is not affiliated with the hotel at all and why does the bill shows we are being charged $20.00. Before leaving, I was told by the manager when he gets any updates or information I would get a call back and I have yet to get one. The room itself wasn't that bad. Any one else that decides to stay here, look for another place, I would not recommend staying here even for a night or for a few hours to just park the car.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Cathleen K
Harman H, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 8 September 2012
Please know that we share your concern regarding this unfortunate situation. To date, I have not been made aware of any new information on the police investigation. Our on-site security team is partnering with parking security to ensure that additional precautions are being taken to prevent future incidents. In addition to the signs posted throughout the area advising our guests to remove their valuables from their vehicles, we are verbally reminding travelers to be vigilant about taking steps to secure their belongings.

You have my deepest regrets for your experience. Atlanta’s citizens and business community will continue to work to make our visitors feel safe and at home.

In Service,

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

This is a hotel in a wonderful location next to the Georgia Aquarium. The rooms are decently sized and with a city view is well worth staying here. The breakfast in the hotel is amazing and there is a Legal Seafood adjacent to the hotel and a Johnny Rocketts around the corner. The hotel itself has some very inviting touches: cookies in the afternoon, hot coffee or tea in the morning. They provide beds with adjustable firmness - unexpected was that both sides of a queen bed could be adjusted to differing levels of firmness and that was perfect for one group in our party. Although you pay for parking, there is ample parking even on the weekend when daytrippers came in for the football games. I felt that the staff went the extra mile to make me feel welcome and offered helpful suggestions when queried.

Room Tip: Pass on a 7th Floor room because of the foot traffic and noise to the pool, outdoor deck and exercis...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Maigret Q
Harman H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 8 September 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your visit with us. We hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next visit to Atlanta!

Warm Regards,

Rigby, Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2012

This was my second stay at this property, the first was in 2010. I still enjoyed the hotel, it's great location, and clean new feel. Breakfast was great. A few things have caused me to take a point off from my original review: The staff seemed indifferent to my stay this time. The A/C was non-functional in the first room I was given, requiring the hassle of a new room setup after arriving late at night when I wanted to get to sleep. Parking was somewhat expensive at $20/night, and my key card would not operate the gates in the self-parking garage, requiring another trip to the front desk to get it fixed. The wired internet in my room did not work; wireless was the only option. There was also a picture missing from the bathroom - with mounting hardware left on the wall in a tacky display. Hopefully these are isolated incidents, because this is a good property that I would like to continue to enjoy in the future.

Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank ajnuff
Thank you so much for the feedback regarding your stay.We're disappointed that we were unable to exceed your expectations on your most recent visit; rest assured that your satisfaction is paramount to everything else we do.

Our maintenance team has been dispatched to resolve all of the issues you mentioned. We're confident that your next visit will be flawless! If I can be of service in your next booking, please call me. I'll be more than happy to roll out the red carpet!

In Service,