“Brunch with Our Beautiful* Granddaughter. ”
Review of Corner Cafe

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Corner Cafe
Ranked #1,532 of 3,988 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 9 October 2016 via mobile

We had an excellent brunch at the Corner Cafe this morning. I had the smoked salmon plate. Huge portion of smoked salmon large enough to have shared with another person. My wife had the green tomato and eggs Benedict, while our granddaughter had the waffles with bananas and strawberries. She said it was delicious. She also really enjoyed the hot chocolate with whippy cream on top.
I have eaten there before and have always enjoyed our meals and the outstanding service.

*my granddaughter asked me to add the adjective "beautiful" to my review.

Reviewed 6 May 2016

We had an absolutely wonderful experience on every level here! We were a large party of 8 so we made Sunday brunch reservations. When we arrived we saw that there was a small outdoor patio and asked if we could be seated outside instead. They were very accommodating and in only a few minutes had moved the tables and we were seated. The fresh squeezed orange and grapefruit juices were excellent. Our waiter was a true gem, I wish I could remember his name. He was prompt, polite, funny, and happy to help us. The food was superb! We ordered many different dishes and each one was delicious. The big hit was eggs benedict with crab cakes. The waffles with mixed berries were also worth mentioning. We also had the grits special with cheese and jalapenos. I really can't say enough about how happy we were. This restaurant was suggested to us by our hotel, the JW Marriott in Buckhead. They claim it is the best brunch in America. We were not disappointed! There is also a bakery and I bought 2 dozen cookies to bring home to my family. The pecan square cookies are some of the best cookies I've ever had in my life. They are like a pecan pie in a cookie. So delicious I wish I'd bought more. Do not miss these great eats!

Reviewed 18 March 2015

We had breakfast here two days in a row. The first day was spot on - everything hot, and exactly as ordered - our server was okay, seemed a bit distant but he got our food to us promptly and correctly. The next day, a Saturday, we went early as we were a group of 7. When we arrived there were very few tables occupied, our server was clearly out of it, slow moving, took 15 minutes to get our coffees and then waited on several other tables before he returned to get our order. He seemed overwhelmed as the restaurant was filling up. He finally came back and took our order, we had to find someone else to refill our coffee cups. Then we waited over 30 minutes for our breakfasts and saw tables who arrived well after we did get their orders. Finally got his attention and questioned him, he said we were next up and when the food arrived the toast was cold, etc. A very poor experience - if this had happened day one we would not have been back! So an average of the two days would be a 4 on day one, and a 1 on day two.

Been to Corner Cafe? Share your experiences!