Budgetel Savannah
USD 162
USD 121
Official Hotel
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 179/night.

USD 113
  • Breakfast included
USD 214
  • Restaurant
Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead(Atlanta)
USD 279
USD 179
Hyatt.com
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency Atlanta(Atlanta)(Great Value!)
USD 157
USD 148
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 175/night.

USD 173
USD 502
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 December 2017

..a one night stay in Atlanta.The location was good.I had an event to go to close by.It was your average room.The girls at front desk were very nice and helpful about directions in Atlanta.The room was clean and the bed slept ok.They have a security guard to keep check on things.The rate was reasonable.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank charlieandsusangist
Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

Every room smells like cigarettes even though they are supposed to be “smoke free rooms”, paint coming off on walls, furniture and appliances are broken, the floor is sticky, people playing music and yelling until midnight. There is no room service. They told me in the office that cleaning service comes once a week, because it is an extended stay property. Since they rent rooms daily, I guess they do not change linens between guests. Cockroaches are everywhere. I am not sure how they passed inspection control.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

The motel I'd like to recommend to whom I hate most in the world.
I approved I am stupid to reserve this room for higher rate than walk-in price through booking.com.
You will find yourself scratch your itching body by something.
You will get what you pay is not right for this inn. You will get regrets for what you pay.
Do not neglect people's reviews.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Seungsik
Reviewed 9 July 2017

I was treated very well by Veronica and the other front desk staff person whom I saw in the morning. Veronica took the extra care to make sure that the room I had was sufficient. There is security on site.

Yes, it is true that it is in a dangerous section of town and yes, it is true that this place is not for the faint of heart; however, my own experience turned out to be a good one and nothing bad happened to me. Remember that this is the cheapest place you're going to find in Atlanta.

Room Tip: Make sure that the room has a working phone; you may wish to contact security
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 February 2017

Thanks to this property, I have a new lower threshold when it comes to appalling hotels that I have stayed at. I will quickly list the sparse positives. Located within short walking distance to important conference venues in downtown Atlanta. The staff were very helpful to me and offered me an 11 AM check-in the day I arrive, so I didn't have to put my bags in storage and roam around. Compared to other nearby downtown hotels, this was a great bargain.
Now, it's time to attempt listing some of the most glaring negative points. My online reservation was made in the name of Savannah Suites. My Uber driver couldn't find the hotel as they had surreptitiously changed the name to something else and covered up the signboard with a fabric. The check-in, as mentioned earlier, was smooth and a rare positive about the place. The first-floor room itself couldn't have been in worse condition. The AC/heater was a noise hazard. The carpet was unbelievably dirty, strewn with some uncollected trash and the whole room had a weird stinking smell. The bathroom and kitchenette area were the happy hunting grounds for a colony of cockroaches. In the entire duration of three nights, that I stayed, I was provided with a change of bathing towels only once, and that too after having asked for it twice. I was never able to properly connect to the WiFi, in spite of being two doors away from the office. The office is only open until 5 PM which might be inconvenient for many travelers. The walls were paper thin and I was often forced to share the TV programming being enjoyed by my neighbors. My upstairs neighbors were the super active type and would often wake me up in the middle of the night by indulging in, possibly, Zumba lessons.
Why didn't I bring these to the attention of the office staff, you might ask. The neighborhood had a homeless shelter and the entire street lining the hotel was usually swarming with homeless people and drug dealers (I was directly approached a few times, not just a prejudiced opinion). It was extremely scary to travel in and out of the hotel, especially at night. The street and the hotel itself always had the presence of cops. One night, while returning back, I witnessed a person being escorted out of the premises by the cops too. From what it seemed, the Hotel houses a few long-time residents and they naturally behave in a manner which behooves their sense of belonging. I could never dare to complain about the noise.

In summary, it was a nerve-wracking experience for the entire duration of the stay. The day I checked out, there was a massive snowstorm which brought the city to a standstill. Yet I chose to stick to my original plans of driving to the Smoky Mountains amidst the raging snowstorm over the possibility of staying one more night in the Savannah Suites.

Room Tip: About 0.5 miles away from this place
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business