See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

The motel I'd like to recommend to whom I hate most in the world.
I approved I am stupid to reserve this room for higher rate than walk-in price through booking.com.
You will find yourself scratch your itching body by something.
You will get what you pay is not right for this inn. You will get regrets for what you pay.
Do not neglect people's reviews.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Seungsik
Reviewed 9 July 2017

I was treated very well by Veronica and the other front desk staff person whom I saw in the morning. Veronica took the extra care to make sure that the room I had was sufficient. There is security on site.

Yes, it is true that it is in a dangerous section of town and yes, it is true that this place is not for the faint of heart; however, my own experience turned out to be a good one and nothing bad happened to me. Remember that this is the cheapest place you're going to find in Atlanta.

Room Tip: Make sure that the room has a working phone; you may wish to contact security
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 February 2017

Thanks to this property, I have a new lower threshold when it comes to appalling hotels that I have stayed at. I will quickly list the sparse positives. Located within short walking distance to important conference venues in downtown Atlanta. The staff were very helpful to me and offered me an 11 AM check-in the day I arrive, so I didn't have to put my bags in storage and roam around. Compared to other nearby downtown hotels, this was a great bargain.
Now, it's time to attempt listing some of the most glaring negative points. My online reservation was made in the name of Savannah Suites. My Uber driver couldn't find the hotel as they had surreptitiously changed the name to something else and covered up the signboard with a fabric. The check-in, as mentioned earlier, was smooth and a rare positive about the place. The first-floor room itself couldn't have been in worse condition. The AC/heater was a noise hazard. The carpet was unbelievably dirty, strewn with some uncollected trash and the whole room had a weird stinking smell. The bathroom and kitchenette area were the happy hunting grounds for a colony of cockroaches. In the entire duration of three nights, that I stayed, I was provided with a change of bathing towels only once, and that too after having asked for it twice. I was never able to properly connect to the WiFi, in spite of being two doors away from the office. The office is only open until 5 PM which might be inconvenient for many travelers. The walls were paper thin and I was often forced to share the TV programming being enjoyed by my neighbors. My upstairs neighbors were the super active type and would often wake me up in the middle of the night by indulging in, possibly, Zumba lessons.
Why didn't I bring these to the attention of the office staff, you might ask. The neighborhood had a homeless shelter and the entire street lining the hotel was usually swarming with homeless people and drug dealers (I was directly approached a few times, not just a prejudiced opinion). It was extremely scary to travel in and out of the hotel, especially at night. The street and the hotel itself always had the presence of cops. One night, while returning back, I witnessed a person being escorted out of the premises by the cops too. From what it seemed, the Hotel houses a few long-time residents and they naturally behave in a manner which behooves their sense of belonging. I could never dare to complain about the noise.

In summary, it was a nerve-wracking experience for the entire duration of the stay. The day I checked out, there was a massive snowstorm which brought the city to a standstill. Yet I chose to stick to my original plans of driving to the Smoky Mountains amidst the raging snowstorm over the possibility of staying one more night in the Savannah Suites.

Room Tip: About 0.5 miles away from this place
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank SrvDutta
Reviewed 9 February 2017

I do not know if I should call it a hotel, the place is terrible, with dubious residents, we discovered when we stayed there that some rooms were rented out to homeless people. The elevator smelled of urine, the bathroom had towels in the stall so we did not cut our foot because of the lack of maintenance of the stall and peeled on the floor, there were cockroaches and the room was not cleaned daily and there were no towel changes. The price charged was extremely high, more than $ 1,000 for three nights, and we paid well less for 4 nights at a wonderful resort in Orlando. I do not recommend! The person in charge at the office promised to go to the room to check our complaints, but he never showed up and even complained when we asked for new towels, saying he was out of Housekeeping. The place sticks with a homeless house and it looked like they were inside the hotel. On Sunday night many of these residents made a noise and bang on the doorstep, it was very scary. The door next to our room had burglary signs! I do not think I need to say anything more about this place!

Não sei se devo chamar de hotel, o local é péssimo, com moradores duvidosos, descobrimos quando nos hospedamos lá que alguns quartos eram alugados para moradores de rua. O elevador cheirava urina, o banheiro tinha toalhas no box para não cortamos o pé por causa da falta de manutenção do box e descascados no chão, haviam baratas e o quarto não era limpo diariamente e nem havia trocas de toalhas. O preço cobrado foi altíssimo, mais de R$1.000,00 por três noites, sendo que pagamos bem menos por 4 noites em um resort maravilhoso em Orlando. Não recomendo! A responsável que nos atendeu no office prometia ir ao quarto verificar as nossas reclamações, mas nunca apareceu e ainda reclamou quando pedimos toalhas novas, dizendo estar sem Housekeeping. O local fica colado com uma casa para homeless e parecia que eles estavam dentro do hotel. Na noite de domingo muitos destes moradores faziam barulho e baderna na porta do hotel, deu muito medo. A porta ao lado do nosso quarto tinha sinais de arrombamento! Acho que não preciso falar mais nada sobre este local!

Room Tip: Não recomendo este hotel
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 February 2017 via mobile

They do not clean the room. The room is dirty and noise. Security is questionable. Although close to the downtown area, the property is also very close to a noisy neighborhood. Roaches in the room. Forget it.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business