“A pleasure to so business”

InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta
Ranked #17 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 25 September 2012 via mobile

I attended a training seminar here Sept 2012. The hotel is very nice. The rooms were very clean and the beds were comfortable. The bathroom has a jacuzzi tub and standing shower. The room and bathroom was very spacious. I loved the lighting in the bathroom. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I needed to get something from CVS and was going to walk. A staff member immediately set up car service to bring me up the street which was super helpful. I got what I needed and made it back to the hotel in time to make my first day's seminar. Lenox mall is right around the corner and if you walk up the street a few block either way you'll find plenty of places to eat. Overall, this hotel was very clean, spacious room, spacious, clean bathroom and helpful staff. The only warning is room service. If you don't foresee yourself spending $40 on a cheeseburger then don't order food to your room. By the time they tack on all those fees you'll find yourself paying $40 for a cheeseburger and a cup of FREE water!

• Stayed: September 2012
BirchallP, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2012

Thank you for taking the time write such a complete review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed the hotel, the amenities and the friendliness of the front door team stepped up to assist you. Room service is not cheap yet a $40 burger! - should not be - I would be pleased to review - please call me at your earliest convenience with the details of your stay 404 946 9101. Thank you once again for the time you took to write this review and I hope your seminar was highly successful.

-Patrick

Write a ReviewReviews (2,927)

Reviewed 25 September 2012

Intercontinental Buckhead is my choice for all of my business trips to Atlanta – unless they have some sort of conference there and the already high prices go high enough to price me out of the hotel and to another property. On the whole though, this hotel “gets it right.” I often find myself talking about this property to other hotel managers and referring to it as a standard for other properties to achieve. It has many things going for it. The location is great. Check in is usually quick and efficient, and the staff are pleasant. I like the fact that I can self-park. There’s a fee of course, but I prefer to be able to leave without waiting on a valet. Now I always stay on the club floor and the rooms are very nice, but so are the rooms on the other floors of the hotel. They aren’t the largest rooms I’ve seen in an Intercontinental, but are nicely decorated, quiet, and have comfortable beds. The IC Buckhead club lounge is one of my favorites, and a great place to unwind after work. It is usually quiet and has great service and food. This trip was very different than my other stays though, in that they were a lot of children in the lounge. I guess maybe a lot of families chose the club floor so they could have “free” meals along with the room. (I’ve seen this at other hotels in the summer but never this one.) I was a little disappointed because there were so many in fact, that two of my four nights stay there was nowhere to sit - so I left. That said, leaving turned out to be a good thing because one night I went to the lobby bar for dinner and had the most amazing dinner of shrimp and grits. The bartender recommended it, and while I was a bit hesitant at first, I found out it was an absolute delight. I’m already looking forward to it on my next trip!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
BirchallP, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2012

Your comments are music to our ears and encourage us to try harder each day. They have been shared with the entire staff and we feel extremely satisfied and proud to be able to have guests feel the way you do about the hotel. We do apologize for the over crowded club lounge during your last stay (and we will ensure to avoid similar situations in the future) yet are delighted you were able to enjoy the Bourbon Bar and indulge in one of our Southern Art Restaurant's specialties - gulf shrimp and Carolina Anson Mills grits in a scallion broth -even if you did not grow up with grits, the South's version of polenta is a must try. Thank you for acknowledging this wonderful staff. We look forward to having you back.

Reviewed 24 September 2012

The rooms are modern and built to a high standard. Very small lobby and not very comfortable. Night clerks are great. Otherwise, front desk clerks are indifferent and unresponsive. Food is unimaginative and overpriced. Few outside dining options nearby.

• Stayed: September 2012

Thank you for your feedback - it is truly a gift to us when we receive constructive comments on the hotel. We will continue to work on our service, delivery standards and quality to ensure all our guests enjoy their stays and the amenities we offer. We do hope to get another chance to ensure your overall experience is more positive. Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any preferences or requirements in the future.

Reviewed 22 September 2012

As expected of an Intercontinental, this hotel was amazing. Sparkling clean rooms and bathrooms, great bar with specialty drinks. Breakfast buffet that was better than most. Garage across the street was easily accessible when the car was needed, but in this area you can walk everywhere with confidence. This is a splurge hotel, not cheap, but well worth every penny in my opinion.
The Concierge was helpful in pointing out the sights that should not be missed.
The only drawback is the WiFi fee, should be included.

Room Tip: We were 6 business people and everyone had a great room, all on different floors and different views...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and the property. Thank you for recognizing Myesha, she is a wonderful asset to our hotel and we are lucky to have her. We did just renovate the rooms and do appreciate your feedback. We do hope to have you back soon and are thankful of your time taken to post this review.

Reviewed 21 September 2012

Great location in Buckhead. Very clean and well appointed rooms. Great location. Front desk clerk, Myesha, was outstanding and knows her job very well. Would stay there again. Convienent self parkng garage.