“Flavorful fare”

Price range: USD 8 - USD 15
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: In 1993, the first Flying Biscuit Café opened up in Atlanta, GA., and since its inception, the Candler Park & Midtown – the two "Original" locations have strived to give its customers everything from Southern favorites to vegan selections. By offering customers a healthy alternative, The Flying Biscuit Cafe is providing a variety of breakfast, lunch and dinner choices for customers living a healthier lifestyle. The Flying Biscuit Cafe, located in Candler Park & Midtown, is an eclectic neighborhood restaurant nationally recognized for its natural, hip cuisine and charming atmosphere. USA Today claims, “The biscuits are the best.” Gourmet states, “Wonderful southern food.” Rachael Ray’s $40 a Day program broadcasts, “Great food, great value.” This Atlanta institution is well-known for its unique Southern fare including The High Flyer, Egg-ceptional Eggs, Love Cakes, and of course, the biscuits. The two "Original" locations were founded in Atlanta in 1993, and has been an icon ever since.
Reviewed 12 September 2018

Parking is a bear but worth the trouble! Limited parking at building, but can find street or public parking within a block or two. Menu is helpful for various eating categories. Pricing is ATL fair. Usually tables are full, but you are in and out fairly quickly. Food tastey with nice variety. My only chagrin is the staff needs to be aware of their offerings. I requested organic and was told there wasn't any, yet it is posted on menu and visually advertised within table sight. When brought to their attention, they immediately correctly without difficulty or attitude. Biscuits were a favorite !! Willing to return.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank Wowsy

Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

I hate giving bad reviews and I rarely do but I can’t begin to tell you that this is the only place we’ve been in the past two days where we were treated so poorly! When we were seated, the waitress placed the menus in front of us without greeting us or even looking at us. I thought the biscuits were delicious but I ordered a fruit dish and it literally had 5 pieces of cantaloupe and 5 grapes. Not to mention, we had to chase our waitress down for a refill on coffee. Very disappointing!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

The Biscuit was a nice walk from our midtown hotel on a very pleasant Saturday morning. They said a 20 minute wait, so I walked across the street and got us coffee. We were seated long before we finished the coffee, and nothing was said about our bringing the coffee with us. Nice.
Somehow the restaurant is below street level. We were seated by an open window with a cool breeze blowing. My favorite part of the whole weekend was sitting there enjoying the menu. Such luscious looking food! I ordered an omelet with veggies and goat cheese and other things I’ve forgotten. It came with a biscuit, and I couldn’t resist ordering a side of raspberry French toast. Delightful. Almost forgot the heavenly grits that came with the meal. I don’t really care for grits, but these were something special. Yum!
Service excellent. By the time we finished, there were empty tables, and so we dallied awhile. No one rushed us. It’s a tight squeeze in that place, but we felt completely comfortable. Wish I lived nearby!

Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

Came here for brunch on our way to Piedmont Park and loved it! Staff were so friendly & helpful. Food was great, particularly the grits & biscuits, and the chicken sausage is lovely & peppery.

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Great location, love sitting by the windows watching the world go by. The grits are amazing as is the French toast. The biscuits are the best I have ever had. But the chicken sausage beats them all. I can’t describe how good it is.