“Great chicken soup and pollo a la plancha”

Taxco Restaurante Mexicano
Ranked #576 of 4,309 Restaurants in Atlanta
Price range: USD 1 - USD 20
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Had dinner there with friends and enjoyed the chicken soup on a chili day. My husband had pollo a la plancha which he enjoyed.

The prices were reasonable which is rare in a big city like Atlanta.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

This is now my favorite Mexican restaurant in Atlanta. The salsa was excellent as well the special hot sauce. (Be careful it is really hot!) The carnitas pork is worth the trip.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

We live nearby and this is a favorite for our family!! Great chips & solid salsa. Our hits are the Chicken Fajita Quesadilla, Chicken Soup and Bean Dip (blend of refried beans and queso - either with jalapeños or without). The mixed fajitas are good as well. You may also want to try the Chicken Fajita Nachos if you really like queso. My mom RAVES over the Chicken Soup (only choice white meat, savory broth, avocado and a bit of rice). She’s right!

It’s not fancy but the owners are super nice and it is relaxed. We eat there Probably once a week.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 20 June 2017

This is our standby Tex Mex restaurant in Atlanta. We have been going there for over 25 years. The food is always good. The service varies from great to so so. I had my usual enchiladas rancheras with red mole, and while I have had better ones there, these were very good. The prices can't be beat and neither can the Margaritas and the gigantic draft beers (Dos Equis both blond and dark on tap, as well as Bud, etc.). Our son who lives in L.A. always comes here as soon as he gets off the plane. He is its biggest fan!

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

Great margaritas!!!! Best chicken soup I had in my life. The ambiance is not much but the food and people are authentic and great ratio quality price! My favorite is the chicken taco salad. There is outside and inside sittings. Great place to do take away as well. Bon Appétit!

Date of visit: April 2017

Been to Taxco Restaurante Mexicano? Share your experiences!