“Excellent Food”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Buckhead
Transit: Piedmont & Habersham
Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

I enjoy the food at Hal’s and the service is exceptional when they are not busy! But they have always been busy when I’ve visited. I would definitely make sure to make reservations before heading over for dinner. The Trout Almandine with Pasta is my favorite!

1  Thank 74sheas

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Our group of 12 had dinner here in this traditional, classy steakhouse. We sat upstairs near the bar area and were delighted with the service and food. The dirty martinis were perfect as well as the appetizers, main entree (filet) and sides.
A wonderful establishment in Atlanta.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

I ordered the bone-in 14 ounce filet that’s not on the menu with mashed potatoes, and my son, a student at Georgia Tech, ordered the regular fillet with a side of pasta. All of the food was fabulous! The steaks were prepared to perfection. The waiter was very good. He had a great personality. The additional waitstaff cleared plates and refilled glasses promptly.
It is very dark inside, and it seemed a bit smoky upon first entering. But, the waiters have flashlights to help if you can’t see the menu. Lol
Save room for dessert. The Crème brûlée and the Tiramisu as well as the espresso we ordered to go along with it or fabulous.

Reviewed 29 January 2018

Melt-in-your-mouth filet, exceptional mashed potatoes, perfectly cooked and seasoned asparagus! Great Bar with live pianist playing all your favorites! What else can I say!

Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

I must say I didn't know what to expect other than the hubby and I going on a date to get a good steak. I was a little overwhelmed at first because the restaurant was dark and very crowded. However, it was a unique experience and the steak and creamed spinach was top notch!

Been to Hal's On Old Ivy? Share your experiences!