“too filled to move....delicious food”

Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 4,113 Restaurants in Atlanta
Price range: USD 30 - USD 55
Cuisines: Brazilian, South American, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Buckhead
Cross street: East Paces Ferry Rd NE
Description: We are an authentic Churrascaria (Brazilian Steakhouse) from Rio Grande do Sul in southern Brazil which features superior service, unrivaled cuisine and a unique dining experience.You will be pampered by our authentic Gaucho chefs who come to your tableside to carve a variety of succulent meats right off their skewers. Our featured meats have been slow-roasted over an open flame and lightly seasoned to preserve the unique taste of each tender cut.Adding to our unique dining experience, you will be treated to a sumptuous, gourmet salad and vegetable bar featuring over 30 items including imported cheeses, cured meats, fresh vegetables and more. We complement your meal with traditional Brazilian side dishes such as caramelized bananas, crispy polenta, seasoned mashed potatoes and our world-famous cheese bread (pao de queijo).No meal is complete without trying a refreshing caipirinha, something from our award-winning wine list or one of our decadent desserts
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

The food was remarkable! Everything on the salad bar was extremely fresh and so delicious. All of the servers were friendly and they kept the steaks coming. Hot, juicy and very flavorful. At one point I forgot to turn my card over to the red side, letting them know to pause on the meats. I couldn't keep up! We had a wonderful time AND the desserts were mouthwatering. (We had to take those to enjoy at home.) Oh, make reservations if at all possible. They're always busy. They have a nice and decently sized waiting area by the bar, if you do have to wait.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,373)

Reviewed 2 April 2018

So the restaurant itself is kind of cool, with different servers going around with giant pieces of meat on stakes, cutting pieces off for whomever chooses. Average salad bar and average atmosphere. Crappy parking situation. And...worst of all... it is FREAKING EXPENSIVE. Lunch for two was over $100. All in all, not worth it in my opinion.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

If you like to eat meat this place is for you. Just ignore the salad bar (which is great) and turn your chip to green and fill up on protein.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

This is not our first time coming to this restaurant... (It will be our last) I made reservations a little more than 3 weeks out prior to our visit. While making the reservation, I "noted" in the comment section that it was our Anniversary. There were 13 people in our party, and the only time available for the date we requested (March 10th, 2018) was 4:30 PM. We all arrived on time after travelling more than 100 miles to get there. We were seated and the waitress explained the available choices for dining to our guests that had never been there before. Everyone visited the Market Bar and sat down with the table cards turned over to "GREEN"... It was almost 25 minutes before anyone arrived with a type of meat to choose from. Myself, and numerous others specifically requested Filet Mignon (Medium), and was told that they would bring it out. Almost 20 minutes later, they arrived with the Filet. They did not have enough to complete the entire table and we were told that they would come back with more. After waiting another 15 or 20 minutes, they finally came back with more. During this time waiting, we were offered other choices, but it was not what we had requested. We tried other cuts of meat, but the majority of the one's we tried, were really tough, and definitely not what I have come to expect from this restaurant. After the meal, the majority of the table had dessert, (with the exception of my wife and I). The staff NEVER asked if anyone was celebrating a special occasion or not, even though I had mentioned the Anniversary in my reservation comments. So we chose NOT to have dessert! When we arrived, the restaurant was not very busy, so there is no way we should have had to wait the length of time we did to receive the cut of meat we preferred. In the future, we will patronize Chama Ga'ucha (which is just down the street from this restaurant) We have visited both restaurants in the past, and our experience with Chama was MUCH better! Both cost-wise, and the attentiveness of the staff. Last year when we visited Chama for our Anniversary, we were given a free dessert for the occasion, AND a free dinner for 2 on our next visit. (Which was awesome, and totally un-expected) Plus Chama Ga'ucha offers Shrimp on the table experience, and we never had to wait for any particular cut of beef. I have never written a "bad review" in my life, on any restaurant. I've been in Law Enforcement for nearly 30 years, and I've always just chalked it up to the fact that anyone can have a bad day, but this was really a disappointment... (Especially when the meal cost almost $200.00 for myself, my wife, and our daughter). I hope the management takes this review to heart and addresses it with the staff, so that they can make the experience a much better one to other patrons in the future. As for me and my family, we will avoid coming back to Fogo de Chao, especially since there are other places we can spend our money.

1  Thank Rick B
Reviewed 11 March 2018

We had been to Fogo de Chao about 8 years ago. Since then, they have doubled the size of the restaurant to pack more people in. We had a 7:00 reservation for my son's birthday, but didn't get seated until 7:20. There was a large party of prom revelers and at least 4 other large parties. The salad bar was not kept full, so we started with the meats. They brought out a good selection of red meats and chicken. The quantities were large, but the quality was so-so. The meats were heavily salted and the chicken was rubbery. I woundn't go back.

Been to Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse? Share your experiences!