“Drunken Lunch”

Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Monroe
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Great steaks! Great service! Great atmosphere. Delicious steaks! I highly recommend a couple of pitchers of the smoky margarita! Yummy!

Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

The food was very good and a good size portion.
The sirlion steak was ordered medium and delivered just that way.
The green beans were fresh and tender.
The thousand island dressing was nothing write home, about could have been better.
Over all it was very good for a hole in the wall place.

Reviewed 5 September 2018

It was a nice day on the patio. We went for lunch on Labor Day. The patio was maybe 1/2 full when we got there... I was surprised there were not more people.

We waited a bit and ordered drinks -- I tried to put in my food order when we got our drinks, but the waiter ran away.
The table next to us was having all kinds of issues (and complaining loudly) so the staff focused on them...
After 15 minutes, I stood up and flagged down our waiter to place our order.
My wife got Mexican and I got BBQ... it was out first time so we thought we'd try 2 different things.
The 1/2 rack of ribs was tiny... the ribs themselves were maybe 3 inches wide. They slapped some sauce on after it was cooked... not basted in. No sauce on the side or the table either. I would have asked for some, but that would have taken another 15 minutes. The meat was fairly tender, but bland.
My wife always likes Mexican... she said the black beans were burned. The meat had no flavor...again - bland is the best description. We won't be back.

If you want a patio and drinks with maybe an appetizer - go for it.
Anything more than that - hop in the car and head someplace else.

Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

Another great meal and service at Cowtippers. We eat here often and have never been disappointed! Wait staff is great! Highly recommend and modest pricing.

Reviewed 23 April 2018

Cowtippers has the look & feel of a rustic old BBQ joint with a lot of character. In addition to inside dining, they also have a nice area outside. Perfect when the weather is nice.

As you might have guessed by the name, the extensive menu is heavy on meat dishes, although a variety of salads are also available. Steaks, burgers and BBQ'd items such as pulled pork and baby back ribs are a large part of the menu. I opted for a Chicken Caesar salad. Had the dressing not been so thin, it would've been perfect. For me, where this restaurant falls down, is the service. Not attentive enough. Portions were good and prices reasonable.

Cowtippers has a full bar and excepts credit cards.

Good for lunch or dinner, or maybe just a drink.