“Fantastic little restaurant!”

Ranked #1,045 of 4,302 Restaurants in Atlanta
Price range: USD 0 - USD 30
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

We almost missed it since there is construction outside but I’m glad we persevered. We had calamari, basil rolls, and Massaman curry with Thai iced tea. Everything was delightful. The calamari had a light breading and nice sweet and sour sauce. The basil rolls were crisp and fresh with gorgeous presentation - looked like sushi. Attentive server and nice atmosphere.

Reviewed 10 January 2018

This restaurant, located near the Ansley Mall on Piedmont Avenue, a block from Monroe, was a nice find. The waitstaff is very cordial, quick, and attentive. The menu has a nice variety and prices are reasonable. Parking can get a little tight in the lot out front. I thought it a little strange that neither salt or pepper shakers were on the table. Spring rolls are served in a miniature deep fry basket -- cute. And, for those who like it, the invoice suggests tipping amounts of varying levels.

Reviewed 28 December 2017

I've tried this spot twice for lunch. I probably shouldn't have gone back the second time, but I'm notorious for giving places chances. The first time I had the chicken basil, which was good. And, I had the coconut chicken soup. The soup was just ok, not close to what I have had at other places. There was also a weird smell in the restaurant, but they had an A, so I gave it shot anyway. I went back a second time, and the smell was stronger. I ordered the chicken basil again, and this time there was some type of plastic in the dish. I didn't even it all, and I didn't have time to go back for a refund. I don't know what is going on in the kitchen, but it doesn't seem like it is the cleanest of places.

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

I ordered lunch from here the other day. It was unique and enjoyable but the dish was unnecessarily greasy. Portion was decent.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

I was very sad when Bangkok closed for renovations after being sold to a new owner but could not wait to try it after hearing that it had re-opened. Overall, the vegetables seem much fresher than before and portion sizes are larger. Unfortunately, the menu changed a lot. Gone are old favorites Rama Chicken and Ruby Curry. In addition, the Pad Thai is now much closer to what you get elsewhere. The old version was my favorite dish at the restaurant and, while good, the new version is not nearly as satisfying. Lastly, I miss seeing Paul the waiter -- I hope he is coming back.

1  Thank sl66120

Been to Bangkok Thai Restaurant? Share your experiences!