“Mediocre and Expensive”
Review of STK Atlanta

STK Atlanta
Reserve with OpenTable
STK Atlanta is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #89 of 4,311 Restaurants in Atlanta
Price range: USD 31 - USD 50
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 12th & Midtown
Description: STK Atlanta is located in the heart of Midtown at the "12th & Midtown" development. The restaurant gracefully blends two concepts into one - the modern steakhouse with a high energy lounge. The main room features a large central lounge furnished with creamy leather banquettes and textured crocodile tiles, surrounded by an elevated dining room for more formal dining. Theatrical lights illuminate each table, while smoky mirrors allow patrons to catch a glimpse of the surroundings while a DJ creates an energetic vibe throughout the entire space. As anticipated, steak is the main attraction with a modern twist. STK offers an extensive choice of appetizers not normally found in traditional steakhouses, as well as small, medium, and large cuts of meat, along with a selection of market fresh fish entrees. STK not only offers an extensive selection of spirits, wine, and Champagne but also puts an unconventional spin on traditional libations, all perfectly balanced to compliment our signature dishes and seasonal offerings.
Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

Had a business dinner at STK last night. Reservation was for 12 people. It was good that one did not show up because there is no way they would have been able to squeeze into the table for 6 at which we were seated. Squeeze one more into the booth and line up 4 chairs on the outside of the table. If you cannot accommodate a larger party, just say so.

Appetizers were tasty and presented well. After that, the plates just sat there. I finally got tired enough that I bussed the table myself. You would think that I’m that process, someone would notice. Nope.

I had a 10 oz fillet ordered black & blue. It was substantially over-done. Executed quite poorly. I asked for the peppercorn crust, and it was on the bill, just not on the steak.

The steaks of most others seemed to be correct.

Sides were quite small. Very small. Like individual portions small. So if you go, keep this in mind and err on the long side of sides if you have a group. We ran out, but service was away so long, it was a moot point.

The wine list is substantially over priced, even for an upscale restaurant. The wine pricing alone would put me off of a return visit. The service alone would put me off of a return visit. The food pricing would put me off of a return visit. The combo definitely eliminates this from future engagement.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 27 September 2018

I've been there yestreday night with my girlfriend on the way out from ASO. Booked a table on OpenTable at 10.15 pm. I started getting calls from the restaurant just before 10 pm , which couldn't answer because we were still at the concert. Second call I pick up and a lady kindly tells me that the kitchen closes at 10.30 and I tell them we were on our way.10.16 another call when we were literally about to enter the place ...
So, first comment: if they let make a reservation on Opentable for 10.15 somebody should be allowed a reasonable amount of time to sit down and order. Opposite to that as soon as we sit down we were told once more that we had to order within a few minutes.
Ok so we go through the menu: one small filet, one medium, two sides, two glasses of wine. We asked our meet medium - well done.
After a few minutes waiting we get our orders : the medium one was kind of ok but too salty. The small one was way overcooked . The meat was ok, but nothing exceptional.
The sides mac and cheese and corn pudding were ok.
We finish eating and when I ask for the bill the waiter already had it ready.
Funny thing : there are three proposed options for tipping and it is written that you can initial your choice. So I guess the purpose is for them to fill the credit card receipt for you with the amount you just chose. That would be a logical assumption. Answer is NO! You still get the regular ticket that you have to fill in with the tip amount calculation and sign ... No words ...
On top of everything the place itself, despite not being ugly, wasn't anything exceptional and one more very annoying thing was the music (commercial dance) and way too loud to be disturbing. A very last note that I would say it's the icing on the cake: in a 170 USD restaurant a chipped dish for the bread! Picture attached.
Bottom line: I ate much better steaks in Atlanta for the same price range,
One example is Bones.
I wouldn't reccommend this place to anybody. Waste of money for a regular meal.

Reviewed 25 September 2018

Went to the PGA golf tournament and after we had made reservations, upon arrival, at 7;30 there was no one to greet us as we entered and walked around a while until someone noticed. we were seated in a both table that was so unstable that we asked to be moved, we were, but the people seemed put out.
Ordered a $100 bottle of wine and waited a rather long time before they came back and told us they were out of this wine ordered another and waited again like forever,
the meal was average for the price, we order appetizers, salad, steaks and mushrooms. again average.
Received the bill it had the original $100 bottle on it sent ti back the next bill didn't have any wine on it and asked the waiter to check and see if they didn't want us to pay for the wine, so our third check had the new bottle added to the bill.
Poor service, Ok food (not for their price) they seemed to cater to the locals more.

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

First off let me start by saying that the atmosphere is dope. Very nicely decorated and classy. Our food was everything we expected and more. Fantastic steak and short rib, wine was great, bread was awesome too. Above everything else, our service was phenomenal. Alex was so friendly and helpful and fun! What a great experience! Wish I could give this more stars.

Reviewed 14 September 2018

For some of us who dont only enjoy a fabulous steak, there is a wonderful choice of all other foods and they are prepared exquisitly '/Superb chef....outstanding server Jasmine and the young man at the front desk is extremly accommodating. It was an outstanding dining experience and dont forget the desserts
Take your breath away with the drama......A wonderful mainstay in Atlanta Adrienne Leeds

Date of visit: September 2018

Been to STK Atlanta? Share your experiences!