“Wonderful experience”

Stonehurst Place
Ranked #1 of 21 Atlanta B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 21 March 2012

My husband and I stayed overnight. The room was so quiet and the furniture and art work were unbelievable. Breakfast was wonderful. The innkeepers were so helpful. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Steep stairs lead to upper bedrooms, if stairs are a problem would definitely choose first floor bed...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank ptr_12

Reviewed 12 March 2012

I have stayed at Stonehurst now on two occassions. Both times my expectations have been exceeded by the facility and staff. I should mention first that my job is 80% travel and so I have stayed at a fair share of hotels. First of all the place is immaculately clean and fresh from baseboard to bedding to pendants lights. Its a historic residence that has been completely updated. On top of this its interiors are professionally designed (in keeping with the period of the home exterior) with tasteful restraint. As an example of its many details; my room was equipped with an apple charging station. Handy in case you forget your charger.The innkeeper Caroline is warm and professional. Breakfast, which is included in your rate, is a planned meal that she prepares -so not just a buffett of packaged pre-frozen food. From Stonehurst you can walk to several decent restaurants and a small convenience store. If you want to venture out many of the very best restaurants and museums are less than a 10min car ride away. As a business traveler I almost did not stay here fearing that I would be too busy or feel obligated to participate in breakfast or the "extras". I'm glad that I decided to stay because I found it easy to excuse myself if I didnt have time to sit long and chat. The place is so beautiful however when I had the opportunity I lingered. One morning I even woke up a half hour early to have my coffee on the front porch....very peaceful. Needless to say, I will definitely return.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank jenny p
Reviewed 6 March 2012

My husband and I stayed here overnight on a recent trip to Atlanta.
The place is beautiful and the inn keepers were so helpful.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank toxsmith
Reviewed 1 January 2012

We enjoyed this place very much. Room was quiet and we really could relax. Breakfast the next morning was terrific too. I would stay there again if in the ares.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank HokieinSpartanburg
Reviewed 7 December 2011

My husband and I stayed at Stonehurst Place recently for a night away. The attention to detail definitely caught our attention. "Extras" like beautiful fresh flowers, fresh-from-the-oven lemon bars, and the unique furnishings made Stonehurst Place stand out from most other comparable hotels. It was so nice to be treated like people and not just customers!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Hinman Suite and loved it! The bathroom was amazing.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple