All reviews double tree windy hill warm cookies front desk staff outdoor pool business trip would stay here again breakfast buffet hotel room upon check shuttle service checking in braves game interstate downtown conference
Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

I’ve never been so impressed with the customer service I’ve experienced with Averil. He has the personality that made me feel like part of the Doubletree Family. He is friendly and personable and his personality is the best I’ve ever seen. He truly cares about the customer and makes them feel like family.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Patricia D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Marietta, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

Dear Chonda P,

Thank you so much for the feedback! Oh my goodness! Another outstanding review for our remarkably hospitable, irreplaceable, Averil. We may just have to see about getting him his OWN Tripadvisor page ;). He will be so pleased to hear how his exceptional service continues to delight our guests and make everyone feel welcome and cared for.

Thank you again for your post and our entire team looks forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 27 July 2018

Parking lot was full of non-guests. Staff acknowledged that fact. Numerous cars were circling for a spot. When asked we're we should Park, staff said you are on your own.

Finally we stalked someone leaving and get a spot. Once we got to the room, it was nice, but very noisy. It sounded like everyone in the adjoining room, hallway, and parking lot was in our room. The adjoining room wasn't super loud, there isn't any sound dampening. And we were on the fifth floor, so we shouldn't have heard that much noise from parking lot.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear N560Ayscottb,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I apologize for the parking issue you encountered. You may have stayed with us on a night where we were at full capacity, while also hosting a large event. We usually have ample parking and it is rare that we are not able to accommodate everyone promptly. Clearly we were experiencing a challenge on that particular night due to the overflow.

At times our hotel can be extraordinarily lively indeed, and we are so sorry that the celebration of guests throughout the hotel interfered with the restful stay that you deserved.

I hope you will give us another chance if you find yourself in the area again.

Reviewed 26 July 2018

I have stayed at the Double Tree twice since April, on business trips each time. Both stays my experience was above my expectations. All of the staff were very friendly, and accommodating. The rooms were very nice and updated, and very clean. I ate at the bar a few times and the food is fantastic! The bar staff is SO nice. Avril was fantastic and very nice and made me feel right at home. I wish I could remember the other lady that works behind the bars name, but she was so sweet also. It has been 3 months since I stayed there and they both remembered me by name! This is top notch service in my opinion! I will definitely stay at this hotel in the future whether it be on business or pleasure.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 22 July 2018

Most of my group did not receive the room type we reserved (all 2 Double Beds). Several families of 3 or more who were placed in a King Room did not receive a rollaway or additional towels to accommodate the number of occupants. One of our rooms did not have a functioning toilet most of the stay. Requests for additional towels and pillows were met with snippy and rude attitudes by the front desk staff.
Our group will be in the area three more times, but none of them will be at this property. They have permanently lost our future business.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Iscoptex,

Thank you for your review. I am deeply sorry that your recent stay did not reflect the Hilton promise of “Warm. Comfortable. Friendly." In regard to your visit, we were grateful and ready for a busy weekend full of families and sporting teams. As part of our preparation, we were proactive in renting cots and purchasing extra amenities, such as blankets and towels. Due to the humid and rainy weather at the time, some of the sport's teams staying with us needed more supplies than we had on hand. This resulted in our Housekeeping Team continuously laundering and re-stocking towels, which we were happy to do. They worked hard to keep up with the demand, and it appears that in our haste to provide for all, the personalized service we are known for was not optimal.

Lastly, I want to apologize for the day that you experienced the issue with your toilet. I know that our Engineering Department was dispatched immediately, and tried, in earnest, to fix the problem. This was a terrible inconvenience for you, though we truly did our best to rectify the situation.

I'm sorry to hear that we have lost your business and want you to know that we value every guest and take to heart the experiences (good and not so good) that our guests share with us. Please reconsider your stance when you visit the area again. We would love a second chance to exceed the expectations of you and your family.

Reviewed 11 July 2018

Great staff and service. The rooms were just not up to Hilton Standards. You could tell this was an old hotel that had been remodeled. Corners were definitely cut in the remodel. Edges around doors in bathroom not painted all the way. The walls/doors were very rough & just painted over. Doorplate where bathroom door latches was missing & you could see in door jam (nasty) & door wouldn’t completely shut. Sound traveled easily from other rooms & hallways.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Patricia D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Marietta, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2018

Dear (Name not provided),

Thank you for your review. You're right. We did not raze our building, but underwent a nearly 6 months, multi-million dollar renovation to all areas of the hotel. We are proud of, and still amazed by, the complete transformation that was accomplished. I'm not sure what particular walls you're referring to, but do hope you contacted our Front Desk about moving you to a more satisfactory room, if we were not at full capacity during your stay.