New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Interstate N. Pkwy

Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Interstate N. Pkwy
Ranked #144 of 177 Hotels in Atlanta
Harleysville
“Convenient location and helpful staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012

Although the Extended Stay has easy access to I-75 and Windy Hill road it is tucked away in a park like setting so there is no problem with traffic noise. The rooms are clean and well maintained. There are several restaurants close by. I reserved the rooms through the Extended Stay website and had no problems. Behind the hotel there is a small park with a pond and walking trail, this is very nice. The free wifi was adequate.

Room Tip: I had the king bed suite and found it to be comfortable and very well laid out. This is a good choi...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Interstate N. Pkwy, responded to this review, 19 July 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay Deluxe Atlanta - Marietta - Windy Hill - Int. N. Pkwy.. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice. It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

Good hotel with possibilities to make your own meals. The staff is very helpful and room are clean. Location is good and make sure to make reservation in advance. There is some smell of cooking, however not bothering during my stay.

Room Tip: choose none smoking room and book in advance
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Howell, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2010

I felt more then welcome @ extended stay hotel it was like a family,I wish that I had more time to spend,so my tip for you would be to stay for at least a week or 2,so that you can,go back home and deal with everyday life.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank silkysweetmomma47
Carson, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2010

I recently visited Atlanta. To my huge chagrin, my reservation at the Extended Stay Deluxe, Interstate Parkway/Windy Hill, in Marietta was not honored on my arrival. This contrary to the “Guranteed Reservation Policy” stated on my reservation (made six weeks in advance) as follows:
"Guaranteed Reservation Policy:Your reservation is guaranteed for arrival up to and after 6pm local hotel time on date of arrival."
I was told at the desk, around midnight, after a four-hour flight from LA and a 20 minute drive from Hartsfield Airport that I was being “walked” to the nearest Extended Stay Deluxe hotel on Powers Ferry Road. I’ve stayed at Powers Ferry before and its facilities are half what they are at Windy Hill. I was quite irate and expressed that to the Windy Hill manager the next day. She told me that I needed to “be reasonable” that two large family reunion groups checked in before me and “what would [she have me do?] This is a business, sir.” I demanded to and spoke with Tara, the area manager, who made great efforts to find me a comparable suite, apologized profusely, and gave me a complimentary night for the first night of my reservation. However, I did not appreciate the reserve against my credit card that was made for the entire 4-day stay at the less-desirable Powers Ferry Extended Stay. Although both hotels have “Deluxe” at the end, the two are very different facilities. I reserved a one bedroom suite, king bed with full kitchen. There are none at Powers Ferry – I was given a single room mini suite, queen bed, on the very busy street side of the hotel. All hotels are not created equal!! The mini-suite was about half the square footage of the one bedroom at Windy Hill for the same price!
As Area Manager Tara was working on a comparable room in the area, the very helpful desk person at Powers Ferry, Harvietta, called around-the-corner to the Hawthorn Suites, Parkwood Circle. For a few dollars more, a one-bedroom suite was available. I thanked Tara for her efforts and moved into the Hawthorn Suites where I had an excellent stay.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Ralph S
Nashville, TN
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2009

The room was just fine - it overlooked a lovely outdoor pool and we initially had no problem with this hotel... except... when we walked in the room, there was an overwhelming B.O. (foul Body Odor) smell. My husband and I wrote it off, thinking it may have been lingering cooking smells (the room was equipped with a small kitchen). We figured that once we got the A.C./fan cranked up (it was off when we first got the room), the smell would disappear. In retrospect, I wish we would have trusted our olfactory senses and gotten a different room, because when we got back late that night, the room reeked of B.O. - seriously, it was like an episode of Seinfeld. I realized halfway through the night, tossing and turning, gagging from the smell, that it was coming from the BEDSPREAD and blanket. I almost retched with this realization. Obviously, the next morning, we exchanged our sweat-drenched bedding for freshly-laundered bedding and the problem was instantly solved. But, that experience is like nothing I've ever had. I hate to complain because the hotel was fine otherwise. Fairly clean, a pretty good breakfast, good staff... but dang. That stench was gross. On the upside, we have stayed in this area several times. It's a nice area to stay - very convenient and lots of restaurants, shopping nearby. The best part was that just behind the hotel, there was a quaint little pond with a walking trail around it. That almost made up for the B.O. Almost.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Millie317
Travellers also viewed these Atlanta hotels
0.4 km away
21.0 km away
Quality Inn Northlake
Quality Inn Northlake
#108 of 177 in Atlanta

Been to Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Interstate N. Pkwy? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Interstate N. Pkwy

Property: Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Interstate N. Pkwy
Address: 2225 Interstate North Pkwy SE, Windy Hill, Atlanta, GA 30339-2175 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Atlanta - Marietta - Windy Hill - Int. N. Pkwy.)
Region: United States > Georgia > Atlanta
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #144 of 177 Hotels in Atlanta
Price range (per night): $106 - $146
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Interstate N. Pkwy 2.5*
Formerly Wellesley Inn ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Interstate N. Pkwy reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Atlanta Extended Stay