Motel 6 Atlanta Downtown
USD 155*
Agoda.com
USD 144*
USD 135*
All reviewsroom was cleanplace to sleepsmall balconywi fichecking outgeorgia domehiltonaquariumdeskconferencecokecnn
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Hubby and I went to spend Christmas in Atlanta, and this was the only place that offered free parking and free WI-FI. We checked TripAdvisor for reviews and it was fairly rated, but I think this place is a gem, it is easy to find, right off the freeway,located near all the attractions where you can walk. I advise you book your reservations online before going, to ensure that your rooms dont get sold, plus you get a better deal.When we first arrived we were greeted warmly by the front desk clerk and he fully informed us of our surroundings and what to expect.Parking is secure, rooms were immaculately clean and the Wi-Fi worked wonderfully for the price we paid. We went to CNN studios and the Georgia Aquarium without paying parking because we walked everywhere. This motel is lovely, and would always go there if given the opportunity to,checkout was speedy and the staff was helpful, it contributed significantly to my wonderful two day vacation.

Room Tip: Book online for best prices and reservations. Get a room on the balcony for the best view.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank REBELBedouin
Reviewed 20 December 2011

My husband, son and I stayed one night after traveling from Florida to Atlanta to see a concert. I did a lot of research trying to find an affordable, safe place where we could simply sleep for the night - not an easy task in downtown Atlanta. Motel 6 was not only affordable, but also had free parking which was a wonderful bonus! Check in was quick and the gentleman at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable and I have no complaints what so ever about our stay. Restaurants, grocery and drug store were right down the street. Not a lot of extras at this hotel - but if you are simply looking for an affordable, safe, clean and comfortable place to stay - I would highly recommend this motel. Thank you - Hope Jacksonville, FL

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank hope72
Reviewed 3 November 2011

Arrived at the hotel with 2 cars since we drove from 2 different locations.. The hotel will NOT allow 2 cars parked on the property even if renting a room. So, parked one of the vehicles in a parking garage on the corner .for our entire stay & paid for parking. There is only one desk clerk on duty at all times. Be prepared for a long wait when you check in & out, Lots of noise/partying in the hall one night. I think I could have gotten a better rate thru the hotel versus on-line. Room was clean, sheets were very thin, no hair dryer or toiletries. On the plus side, the hotel is convenient to all downtown attractions, safe hotel, pleasant staff, and comfortable bed.

Room Tip: Get a room on the first floor.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank travelerfromthesouth
Reviewed 25 October 2011

I went to Atlanta Georgia for a residency. The univerisity had a block of hotel rooms at the Hilton, which costed $120 per night and the parking if you had a car was $21.00 dollars. I needed to find a hotel that was affordable. The downtown Atlanta Motel 6 was very good value for the money. The room costed half the price of the Hilton at about $60.00 per night and the parking was free. The Motel 6 is centrally located to most of the downtown tourist attractions. The grocery store Publix and Walgreen's are down the street along with other shopping. The room itself was very clean and nice for the price. It came with a refrigerator and microwave. The managers and Front desk person greeted me everytime and remembered me by name. I was made to feel very welcome. The staff was also very nice. The place was very secure and under surviellance. I would highly recommend staying at this hotel. I don't see why anyone would pay more when they could stay in a nice room for half the price. Thanks Motel 6. Keith-Seattle, WA.

Room Tip: Sorry no travel tip to add.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank bigk76
Reviewed 16 October 2011

While I thought, initially, that the neighbourhood this motel was in was sketchy, that quickly faded when I realized how good this place was. The front desk staff, Ben, was uber-helpful and friendly, and really made an effort to know my name and my needs. It's very centrally located in Atlanta, with quick access to the MARTA subway system, and was walkable to a lot of different restaurants and sites. The room was nice and clean, and more than serviceable. The price was right too, although there was a mix-up with the pricing. They did however fix it promptly. I was also able to check in early without a charge, which was also a great benefit.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo