Loews Atlanta Hotel
Hyatt.com
USD 144*
Autograph
2,428 results
All reviewsexhale spajonathan vendrickpiedmont parkfloor to ceiling windowsconcierge desklobby barroom servicemidtown locationbeautiful hotelfitness centerbusiness conferencehotel restaurantcorner roomfour seasonsvalet parkingsaltwoodforsyth
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Visited Atlanta for a family wedding.Stayed at midtown Loews and enjoyed midtown as much as I could! VERY accommodating staff and facility! Friendly,clean and spacious! Caring concierge Jonathon met and exceeded all of our needs.Will return and hope you will too! Don't miss the Flying Bisquit for breakfast and Piedmont Park for a quick run or relaxing walk.The aquarium is a must too!Thanks to Jonathon for his suggestions to see the real Atlanta!

Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Excellent place for conferences. It is a modern hotel, with nice rooms and bathrooms.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Since I lived in Atlanta several years back I knew I wanted to stay in the Midtown area, close to Piedmont Park and it had to be pet friendly. Since this hotel is fairly new I had never heard of it but it seemed to meet my criteria so I took a leap of faith and reserved a king room for me, my husband, my 1 year old and our dog. Upon arrival the valet helped us w/our luggage, offered our dog some water and welcomed us inside w/big smiles. The hotel lobby was very open and inviting. We got checked in right away, and were handed a gift bag w/bowls and a dog treat for our dog and some goodies for our toddler. Soon after getting to our room, a crib w/nice linens arrived. We were asked if we needed ice or anything and were told to call w/any request. Our room was very nice, on the 24th floor, floor to ceiling windows and an outstanding view of the skyline as well as Piedmont Park and Stone Mountain off in a distance. The bathroom was spacious w/a tub and a walk in glass shower. We got a lot of room service and it was close to if not the the best room service food and service I have ever had. Delicious food and even better service! For the 2 days we were there the staff were all VERY friendly and extremely helpful! The valet always had our car ready with a smile and even took trash out of it upon checking w/us first of course. VERY impressed!! I will definitely be staying here again for future Atlanta visits.

Room Tip: Our room looked out over Piedmont Park and it was a beautiful view.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 February 2012

This is one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed in. Gorgeous rooms, great meeting spaces, convenient location. Staff was friendly and helpful. So why just an average rating?

When I checked in, they were overbooked, and walked me to another hotel for the first of my scheduled two-night stay. That's unfortunate, but not unknown, and I would only knock off one point for that. My objection is what they did, and didn't do, to apologize. What they did was pay for a taxi to another hotel, and comp my night in the hotel. That's all standard for any time you get walked - nothing out of the ordinary. But the other hotel was MUCH inferior. Maybe that's all that was available nearby. But comping a business traveler's hotel night is good for the *employer*, but not for the *employee* who was inconvenienced and disappointed by a stay in a two star hotel when the reservation was for a four star location. They did upgrade me to a nicer room for my second night back at the Loews, but that was it. Not a lot to say "we screwed up and we're sorry".

So when you see my "value" rating of one point, that's why. When a high end hotel walks a customer with a guaranteed reservation to an inferior hotel, they need to do more than the minimum.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I stayed at this hotel over the president's day weekend. Upon check-in the front desk was not forth coming with the $75 per night hold that is placed on the CC for incidentals. I have never heard of a hotel that holds this much against your account. So for a 4 night stay make sure you have an extra $300 around for the privilege of staying here. On top of that for some reason the night audit decided my room did not have enough of a hold, so held another $250 against my CC.

The internet was another $9.95 a night PER DEVICE. So make sure that you do connect multiple devices or watch out when you check out!

At check out, I had them process the final to my CC. They told me that the CC was declined. SO I had to give them a separate CC to close out the charges to. When I called my CC company the only charges on the account were from the LOEWS! So for some reason they could not even close out the account to the holds that they had on this CC.

I decided to call the hotel for explanation of all of the CC holds and the Front Desk manager was apologetic. He did say he would credit me back for one of the nights of the stay.

I honestly loved the hotel and would stay there again, but this whole nightmare will keep me from doing so.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank nathanyell
Mark C, General Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Jason B.,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this detailed review. We need to hear about our opportunities as well as our successes in order for us to keep getting better, so your feedback is invaluable. We are so sorry to hear that you had some rough patches during your stay with us and want to assure you that this is not the norm by any means. You have provided us with a lot of detail on your experience, however, we would like to discuss the situation in detail, so we can ensure no other guest has an experience like this. You can reach me at mkoka@loewshotels.com

Again, we appreciate the feedback, and hope to have the opportunity to give you a true Loews Atlanta experience in the near future.

Mohan Koka