“Class...everywhere you look at it”

Loews Atlanta Hotel
Ranked #4 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
New mexico
“Class...everywhere you look at it”
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I spent two nights during business trip, loved every minute. The rooms are modern and functional and the comforter was a piece of cloud 9. The staff is incredibly friendly. The Valet parking worth the $30 per day, although there is plenty of parking right across the street. But if you stay here, make sure you eat breakfast! it is awesome. I had a chef make me an omelet that was not your grandma's...5 forks! Only complaint was: the store/kiosk at the lobby did not have chewing gum, just mints...awww :)

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Tuscan325i

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (387)
Reviewed 16 March 2012 via mobile

Visited Atlanta for a family wedding.Stayed at midtown Loews and enjoyed midtown as much as I could! VERY accommodating staff and facility! Friendly,clean and spacious! Caring concierge Jonathon met and exceeded all of our needs.Will return and hope you will too! Don't miss the Flying Bisquit for breakfast and Piedmont Park for a quick run or relaxing walk.The aquarium is a must too!Thanks to Jonathon for his suggestions to see the real Atlanta!

Stayed March 2012
Santiago
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Excellent place for conferences. It is a modern hotel, with nice rooms and bathrooms.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Since I lived in Atlanta several years back I knew I wanted to stay in the Midtown area, close to Piedmont Park and it had to be pet friendly. Since this hotel is fairly new I had never heard of it but it seemed to meet my criteria so I took a leap of faith and reserved a king room for me, my husband, my 1 year old and our dog. Upon arrival the valet helped us w/our luggage, offered our dog some water and welcomed us inside w/big smiles. The hotel lobby was very open and inviting. We got checked in right away, and were handed a gift bag w/bowls and a dog treat for our dog and some goodies for our toddler. Soon after getting to our room, a crib w/nice linens arrived. We were asked if we needed ice or anything and were told to call w/any request. Our room was very nice, on the 24th floor, floor to ceiling windows and an outstanding view of the skyline as well as Piedmont Park and Stone Mountain off in a distance. The bathroom was spacious w/a tub and a walk in glass shower. We got a lot of room service and it was close to if not the the best room service food and service I have ever had. Delicious food and even better service! For the 2 days we were there the staff were all VERY friendly and extremely helpful! The valet always had our car ready with a smile and even took trash out of it upon checking w/us first of course. VERY impressed!! I will definitely be staying here again for future Atlanta visits.

Room Tip: Our room looked out over Piedmont Park and it was a beautiful view.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Fairfax VA
Reviewed 23 February 2012

This is one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed in. Gorgeous rooms, great meeting spaces, convenient location. Staff was friendly and helpful. So why just an average rating?

When I checked in, they were overbooked, and walked me to another hotel for the first of my scheduled two-night stay. That's unfortunate, but not unknown, and I would only knock off one point for that. My objection is what they did, and didn't do, to apologize. What they did was pay for a taxi to another hotel, and comp my night in the hotel. That's all standard for any time you get walked - nothing out of the ordinary. But the other hotel was MUCH inferior. Maybe that's all that was available nearby. But comping a business traveler's hotel night is good for the *employer*, but not for the *employee* who was inconvenienced and disappointed by a stay in a two star hotel when the reservation was for a four star location. They did upgrade me to a nicer room for my second night back at the Loews, but that was it. Not a lot to say "we screwed up and we're sorry".

So when you see my "value" rating of one point, that's why. When a high end hotel walks a customer with a guaranteed reservation to an inferior hotel, they need to do more than the minimum.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business