“All things pretty great”
Review of The Federal

The Federal
Reserve with OpenTable
The Federal is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #608 of 4,050 Restaurants in Atlanta
Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

My daughter and I, visiting ATL for the weekend, ate here and loved it. Ambience, decor, menu seems influenced by French bistros. French onion soup has loads of oxtail making it very hearty. The steak and schnitzel were both terrific. We didn't do dessert. My daughter, wine enthusiast, was pleased with selections. The Federal seems to be a popular mid-town locale in evening. There were large friends' groups still dining. We were especially pleased as well with service, it was spot on. We definitely recommend.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

We walked by here and saw the meat display through the window and returned for a meal. We had steaks and pork chops. All were very good. The cocktails original and unique. Great professional service

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

Excellent steaks and service!!! We loved being able to pick number of ounces we wanted for our filet. Delicious French wine. Brussel sprouts were amazing! We will be back!

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

I live very close to this restaurant (within a block) and had wanted to try it for some time.

After it opened I was a bit confused regarding the offering - initially open for just dinner, then offering coffee in the morning - to breakfast items.

Finally on a Friday evening, we decided to check it out. The restaurant is very small and was packed. We spoke to the hostess who told us that she could get us a reservation but it would be after 9. Having nothing to do that evening, we went elsewhere for drinks and returned for our reservation.

Upon returning, the hostess was not up front so we waited...and waited for over 10 minutes. The service staff was clearly busy - but 3 servers walked within a few feet of us - none offered a greeting or even eye contact.

As we were standing there a man who appeared to be a Chef walked past us and greeted us as he went out the door. Several minutes later he returned and saw us still standing there. He apologized and informed us that someone would be with us shortly.

Less than a minute later the hostess returned and promptly seated us. She had remembered us before and was friendly to make conversation.

Our server introduced herself - she was bright, pleasant, and cheerful. As we had not eaten there before, she helped us navigate the menu. We ordered appetizers and a bottle of wine.

On her next approach she acknowledged that we had been waiting and offered a very sincere apology from the establishment. I asked her if the chef had mentioned it to her which she acknowledged.

Our evening now started fresh and the note changed from sour to very positive. I am always impressed when an establishment acknowledges a concern and brings it up and corrects it before there is time to provide a complaint.

I asked her to thank the chef from our table and we continued with dinner.

All of the dishes we ordered were cooked to perfection - the wine recommended to us by our server couldn't have been a more suitable choice.

The service for the balance of the evening was top notch. I even accidentally broke a wine glass and they handled it very well, placing no blame or embarrassment in my direction.

I will certainly return. I'm glad the chef acknowledged us as we might have given up otherwise.

Once again - thank you to the chef - for the service and our food.

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

My daughter and I had a fantastic breakfast here at the federal. She had an omelette and I had a skillet. They were very accommodating. The brisket was not ready so they made my skillet with the steak. I hope to come back for dinner one day.

Been to The Federal? Share your experiences!