“Great staff the rooms just ok”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Downtown
Ranked #127 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Orlando, Florida
“Great staff the rooms just ok”
Reviewed 28 February 2012

When we first arrived to the hotel i was impressed by the great location. When i checked in i asked for an upgrade to my room. I have to tell you if that was an upgrade i would hate to see what the original room was. The room was small and nothing special about it. It definelty is geared to business MEN. The rooms are decorated for a mans world. I was dissappointed in the upgrade that is for sure. I felt like the price was high forthe size of the room. I probably wouldnt stay there again. The location of the hotel is absolutely wonderful. You can get to anywhere in the city in a timely fashion. The staff there treat you wonderul. Next time traveling to Atlanta I think maybe I will try the Westin across the street.

• Stayed February 2012
MarkGallagher37, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
Thanks for the great feedback regarding your recent stay. I appreciate the 5 star rating in service, cleanliness & location. We do feel very fortunate to have such outstanding employees at the hotel and I appreciate you taking the time to recognize them, I will be passing your comments along.

We appreciate your business, and look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Mark Gallagher

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Saratoga, California
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Stayed here on a business trip, overall it's an OK hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful. The location is great downtown, close to the Olympic park, Aquarium, and MARTA for easy access to airport. The hotel itself is kind of dated and my room was cramped. The walls in my room were really thin too, I heard more than I wanted to from my next door neighbors if you catch my drift.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank El_Yeah
MarkGallagher37, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
Thanks for the feedback and the kind comments regarding our staff and location. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you back again in the very near future.

Portland, Maine
Reviewed 23 February 2012

A group of us were in Atlanta for a trade show recently, and we stayed at the Marriott Atlanta Downtown because the hotel we usually stay at was booked solid. Although we were immediately impressed with the friendly service at the curb by the doormen, we were disappointed by the small lobby and, more importantly, the tiny bar area. It was Superbowl Sunday and we had arranged for the hotel to set us up in an area of the bar where we could have munchies and drinks for our own "party". But after a day or two at the Marriott, they had won us over. Although we were basically housed at one end of the bar area closest to the TV, the party turned out great with wonderful food and service provided by the hotel. We were greeted with friendly smiles by all staff members during our stay, and they went out of their way to make us feel welcome. By the end of the week, all of us had commented to each other about the wonderful service. The rooms were ho-hum, but clean, and the location was handy to walk to several nice nearby restaurants. What the hotel lacks in glamour, it more than makes up for in rock-solid service.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank LiftLady
MarkGallagher37, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 25 February 2012
Thanks for the great feedback, it is always very gratifying to read positive comments regarding our wonderful staff – prompt, friendly and anticipatory service has always been our focus and I am delighted that you had a chance to experience that firsthand. I will ensure I share your feedback with the team. We enjoyed hosting the Southworth Super Bowl Party, and glad that you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Houston
Reviewed 22 February 2012

We just came back from a 4 day stay at this hotel for a cheerleading competition and next time we come to Atlanta, we will have to go elsewhere. This place has location going for it, no doubt. We actually stayed here 3 years ago for the same competition and while we thought the hotel was old 3 years ago, we thought location and service made up for that. Not anymore.... This hotel is ANCIENT and is not being kept up to what I thought were Marriott standards. We have been Platinum Marriott members for 5+ years and still had horrible service. We were a family of four but no matter how many times we requested, we couldnt get more than 2 towels when they cleaned up our room. The last 2 nights we were there, not only did they leave us ZERO bottles of conditioner, but they took the bottles of conditioner I did have out of my shower when they cleaned!!!! That's just so tacky! Our toilet quit working twice, our thermostat never worked correctly, the walls are paper thin - I could just go on and on and on.... The concierge lounge was supposed to be open from 6 - 10 on Sunday night but by 9:15, you were out of luck if you wanted more than a bottled water or a Fanta.... I would have rather stayed 5 blocks further away and paid for a cab to the Convention center. Oh - and our room wasnt even ready on the day of check in until almost 5??? I keep remembering things - it was so bad. We had friends staying there too and their stay mirrored ours so it wasn't just bad luck.....Stay away from this Marriott.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank SpagirlHouston
Thanks for taking the time to write about your recent experience and please accept my most sincere apologies that your stay was not satisfactory. I am delighted that we had the opportunity to speak today so I could hear your commentary firsthand.
There is no excuse that can be made for the lack of Housekeeping services you experienced, and the engineering problems you had in your guest room, and I want to assure you again that we will be addressing the concerns you raised.

Thanks again for your feedback and please do not hesitate to reach out to me personally if I can be of further service.

Mark Gallagher

Travellers are raving about these Atlanta hotels

Reviewed 17 February 2012

From the start it wasnothing but trouble. Front desk staff are rude starting off with Stacey the front desk manager. It is VERY apparent that the staff dont care for the management team. The rooms are showing wear badly and housekeeping needs to learn how to dust and mop. These rooms need paint and floor waxing as well. Called down and never got request right either time. As a rewards member this place gets an F for service and cleanliness. If you are in atlanta and need the location beware thats about all you are going to get.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Uptown48009
MarkGallagher37, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 24 February 2012
Thank you very much for providing me with feedback on your recent stay. I will have to say that I was very disappointed to read about your experience, even after our initial meeting on your check in day. We failed in multiple areas and I am truly sorry. Guestroom cleanliness & responsiveness to our guests needs is at the forefront of a great hotel stay and what you experienced is unacceptable both our housekeeping staff and I. Please be assured that we have sat down as a team and discussed your stay in detail and we have taken action from the comments you made. We have several capital improvements coming in 2012, including our renovated balconies, new corridor carpet for all floors, In-Room safes, and a full renovation of our Pool & Pool Deck and out Front Drive. We are also currently on the low side of the 4th floor working our way through, deep cleaning, and painting each guest room. I know that we can’t change the experience you had, and again I apologize for that, but I know between myself and my management team we reached out to you to come to a resolution that was acceptable to you prior to you leaving the hotel.
Again, thanks for the feedback and please feel to reach out to me personally if I can be of further service