“Not so much”

Restavracija Ribic
Ranked #39 of 50 Restaurants in Izola
Cuisines: Slovenian
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

First, this is just my opinion and since food is what I do for a living, I can be a bit critical.
I had schnitzel with fries, way too greasy, the oil was just not hot enough. I was there early.
A bit bland, needed a little salt!
Service was ok, nothing banging but ok. I knew the reviews were bad but I was hungry and it was close to my hotel.
I didn’t rate it lower because I ate most of it, I also have a cast iron stomach, but, if you’re oil sensitive, I would avoid the fried food.

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

Be careful. Staff slow. Food average. And pictures in menu are just simbolic. I ordered Adriatic calamari. Dish looked totally different. Potatoes was miscture of spinach and some potatoes mud.
:-(

Reviewed 5 November 2017

On a nice autumn saturday really cozy, sunny outside, not too many people so the service was just as expected - kind, friendly. The thick fish soup and the grilled sardines have been perfect, adriatic calamari nice, wine (malvazija) quite good, only salad quite mediocre.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

After a good bike from Koper to Izola, we had our lunch in this nice restaurant, of course it was sunny so we sat on the terrace, although it was full, we managed to got a table and we ordered first a fish soup, and than a fishplate for 2 persons "Ribja police ribic za 2 for 35 euro. Normally the fishplate is full with fish, I was a bit surprised that there was not more fish on, as normally fishplates at the coast have always plenty of fish!!
With a good glas of white wine, we enjoyed the lunch very much.
Staff is very nice

1  Thank Jeanny8
Reviewed 21 August 2017

This restaurant is next to the sea, but unfortunately this is the best what I can say about it. We were during a cycling tour, and were very hungry as we saw the restaurant. Despite of it I couldn't eat all the meats what were on my plate. It was called grilled, but it was very easy-made meats with some fried vegetables cooked in water. It wasn't so tasty as I expect from a restaurant! I think they have to think about the meal sorts and cooking methods what they offer, because it is bare from a restaurant.