“Best tacos I've ever had”
Review of Tacos Jalisco

Tacos Jalisco
Reviewed 28 February 2017

So this place was my favourite dining experience on my whole vacation. I got a recommendation from the motel owner. The taco truck was parked up pretty much opposite so I walked across. There was a great selection of authentic options and they were cooked on the hot plate right there and then. There was a steady stream of customers too which is always a good sign. I got the taco plate (2 tacos plus beans and rice) with one carne asada and one adobado. You pay up (cash only) on order. With an ice-cold coke it was only $8 or so. There are tables in the adjacent old gas station and a cart full of fresh salsas and other toppings. Everything was amazing. I got chatting with a biker who said he stops off here whenever he passes through. I would definitely make a point of coming back, but check opening times/days to be safe.

Reviewed 16 September 2016 via mobile

Chicken tacos and burritos were great. The salsa bar has a lot of delicious options. We stayed two nights in Independence and we ate here both times and were extremely happy - especially since we didn't have to drive to Lone Pine or anything for a good meal.

Reviewed 14 June 2016 via mobile

This food cart is so clean and the food is fresh. My husband and I love this place. We always go there for good tacos when we are camping. The jalapeño is surreal. We love it. It is a good place to go and find real Mexican flavor. Totally recommended.

Reviewed 21 February 2016

Hey, if you ever find yourself driving through Independence, CA you have to stop at the taco truck at the old gas station.

The food was authentic with choice of meat on tacos and the converted gas station has a inside sitting place that has all the fixings you would need.

Warning: if you are looking for Taco Bell don't look here.

If, however, you are looking for authentic Mexican food, made while you wait: this is a must stop!!!! And that is without even talking about the awesome views of the mountains all around.

Tacos were $2

Reviewed 19 October 2015

The husband/wife owner of this taco food truck are warm and friendly in addition to making wonderful tacos and other homemade Mexican food. I have eaten Asadas (beef tacos) here often and am never disappointed.