“A Return to Siam…Sort of”

Siam Classic - Thai Cuisine
Ranked #26 of 352 Restaurants in Manassas
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Siam Classic's top-rated Thai dishes are a cherished staple among Manassas diners. Siam Classic serves food that not only tastes great but is low in fat and gluten-free. Want to pair your entree with a glass of wine or draft beer? This restaurant has a fully-stocked bar to complement your meal. Bring your whole brood to this restaurant, where families can dig into tasty and kid-friendly fare together. For no extra charge, utilize Siam Classic's free wifi. Siam Classic honors a business casual dress code, so formal wear can be left behind. Come in or stay home. This restaurant's pickup and delivery options have you covered. Siam Classic offers complimentary parking at a lot close by. For those who prefer to travel by bike, Siam Classic is a great option due to its generous bike parking options. Siam Classic's fare is so good, you'll want to sample everything on the menu (and with its middle-of-the-road prices, you can!). So if curry and peanut sauce is what makes you happy,
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

My wife and returned to this little Thai restaurant on an often overlooked side street in downtown Manassas, VA for an early dinner. We did not order appetizers since, as I’ve reported before, a single serving can be a belly buster. My wife ordered her favorite Thai dish, Musman Curry and I ordered one of the specials, Chiang Mai Coconut Chicken Curry Soup with Crispy Noodles. Both dishes arrived shortly and both were beautifully plated. My soup was delicious and with the addition of some very hot pepper sauce, I found just the right amount of heat. My wife’s curry came with rice but she was disappointed in the overall flavor. Upon tasting the beef in the dish the next day, I had to agree-it was bland mystery meat. I ordered Mung Bean Custard for dessert and it was tasty. We both had cappuccino but I would have to say it was nothing to write home about.

We may return but we will be more circumspect about what we order and instead of politely putting up with something that does not meet our expectations we will return it to the kitchen.

Don’t let our experience put you off, it may have been an off night for the restaurant, we all have them. But I must rate this experience lower.

Date of visit: October 2017
1  Thank PodgeH

Reviewed 13 August 2017

I have been to this restaurant for over ten years and loved the family who ran it as well as the food. I hadn't gone in over a year maybe two when we went for a Saturday night dinner. The place was empty which was the first clue something was wrong. The calamari was so tough you could not bite through it. Wait staff timid, young and not trained. A lady came out after we sent the calamari back and we explained it was too tough aNd overlooked and she wanted to know if we would like it boxed to take home!?? It seems there are new owners or management? The food was bland and not the usual fresh, hot, expertly prepared and service was off completely.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

We arrived somewhat late for dinner but were welcomed nonetheless. We we're quickly shown to our table by a welcoming hostess who quickly took our drinks order. We ordered three dishes that were delivered to our table within 15 minutes. The food was very good, tasty and cooked beautifully. Only one criticism was no table hot plates we're available to keep the food warm whilst we ate meaning the dishes soon got cold. Nevertheless we would certainly eat here again and will recommend the restaurant to others.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 5 June 2017

Generous menu with a very friendly staff. Food is cooked to order and desired level of spice. Appetizer selection was great, with both the Shrimp cakes and crab balls particularly good.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 25 May 2017

Siam Classic is located in the heart of historic old town Manassas. The place is nice and clean with good food and helpful patient staff. We order a few dishes we rated the food as average leaning to good. The only dish that was really off in both in taste and preparation was deep fried tilapia with spicy sauce. The "spicy" rate here is 1-10 for all dishes (we suspected that the kitchen might just add chilies powder to make it spicier. We were encouraged to order between 5-8. My recommendation is 8-10 if you are Thais or used to eat spicy Thai food. If I were in the area again, I definitely will give them another try.

Date of visit: May 2017