All reviews jacks bar plain pasta pizza restaurant the general manager pool view hotel late at night weekend break reading reviews cleaned every other day tea and coffee making facilities ex pats things have changed apple bar hotel is great bad reviews are portable air conditioning unit internet access
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Arrived at this hotel thinking what have we done after reading other trip advisors reports, please do not take any notice what so ever, from the moment I hobbled in to reception the staff have been wonderful, I have sprained my ankle on the way in, reception clean and friendly, rooms we had two excellent, clean towels and beautiful white sheets, plenty of hot water. In as alinclusive, food good hot and tasty and my husband is hard to please, not happy with plastic glasses at meal time, and jacks bar could do with livening up. But please book your next holiday here.

Room Tip: Over looking the pool is nice
Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
Graham P, Guest Relations Manager at The Bugibba Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you Christine.
We hope you soon make a full recovery and that you enjoy the remainder of 2018!!

Take care,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Would just like to say we stayed here for 10 days loved it rooms basic but clean didn't have bedside lamp asked for 1 got it in room within 30 mins lovely staff . Renata on reception was very helpful the lady in pool bar was lovely and wolf in jacks bar was lovely . We liked it so much ideal situation we have just booked to go back in April next year for a week .

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rosehollingshead

Oh, Rose, we enjoyed having you stay too.
See you again in April and do contact us before you arrive. We would love to hear from you!!

Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

Currently here on holiday on room only basis. Today went to restaurant to ask to borrow a spoon the waiter gave me a spoon then as I went to leave to take it back to the room with me he shouted across a busy restaurant “where do you think you are going with that “. I explained it was for the room he said no and snatched it from my hand. The restaurant was busy and I was so embarrassed that once back at the room I couldn’t eat and burst into tears. Staff are rude and arrogant

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Joeann F

I spoke to the staff of the company that runs the hotel restaurant and their supervisor subsequently intervened.

We trust that the hotel itself was fine and that the staff of it were more than helpful and polite.

Regards,

Graham

Reviewed 14 October 2018

They advertise a indoor pool which was closed when we visited as it was being worked on. There is no entertainment there, we even asked a staff member who said they tried karaoke once but one drunk lady bogged the microphone so they didn't bother anymore.

Food is basic and normally cold with little choice. Staff is restaurant are rude and unhelpful, one actually moved bowls away from pasta as i went to get one and moved them so I had to walk all the way round to get one.

Rooms are horrible. We were given a twin room despite asking for a double. We were told they didn't do double but they would arrange housekeeping to push them together but they didn't bother so we did it ourselves. Beds are hard we were told all beds in Malta are like this but we have stayed in Malta before and not slept on a bed like that.

Room Tip: Don't have a ground floor room
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Graham P, Guest Relations Manager at The Bugibba Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2018

The bars don't supply entertainment and this has been the case for a long time. The rooms largely have new furniture and the older furnoture is solid wood and the majority of the mattresses are new.

We are addressing the staff in the subcontracted restaurant about behaviour and service.

The food is subject to personal taste, but, given that the management eat in the restaurant each day, we assure that the food is hot each time. None-the-less, we are about to change the bagno Maria system and we thank you for writing your review.

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

Myself and my family had a perfectly enjoyable time here. The food was fine and the staff were friendly and very helpful. Rooms were cleaned regularly and were far bigger than expected. For anyone holidaying on a budget, I couldn't recommend it enough.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your excellent review.

Kindest regards,