“Poor service, terrible coffee, quite good food”
Review of Butcher's Grill

Butcher's Grill
Ranked #64 of 103 Restaurants in Qawra
Price range: USD 5 - USD 86
Cuisines: African
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Butchers Grill is an African restaurant which has been in Malta for the past 9 years which, offers a unique fusion of 2 countries cuisine which gives you an explosive taste of Maltese and South African food, all our spices are imported from Tanzania, and South Africa, that will leave you with an unbelievable taste on your taste buds
Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

We went there for breakfast. When one person ordered English breakfast, the waiter walked away and got English breakfast for us all, while he ordered just for himself. After the first order there was no more service outside. The coffee comes from a machine and is really bad, hardly drinkable even. Despite all this, the breakfast itself was decent, at a reasonable price.

Marc S, General Manager at Butcher's Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2017

Firstly, I cannot believe only one of your group got breakfast how where many you were, secondly the coffee is not to everybody's liking but that does not make the taste terrible, and 80% of the world's hospitality industry use coffee machines

Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

I had to go get the menus myself then waited 50 minutes before the waitress advised the chef had run out of ingredients for my meal. Then my family are served their meals while i waited another 25 minutes for my 2nd choice of a basic pizza to be made. Meanwhile my poor young children are almost falling asleep in their seats. Very disappointing to say the least. 2 basic pizzas and 2 kids meals, almost 2 hours later i will never return.

Yes, I can understand your frustration, it is unfortunate that you and your family came on a night when we had staff problems, so please accept my apology as this situation does not normally occur

Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

At first I was not sure to enter but i am so glad we did. The service is lovely. Food quality and taste yummy and yes I will defiantly go again thanks to mark the chef.

Reviewed 10 March 2017 via mobile

Nearly didn't come in but so glad we did . The best steak in Malta and the wine is lovely and all the prices reasonably, a bit out of the way , but a must if in Qawra.

Reviewed 3 February 2017 via mobile

This restaurant's menu is very vast and appetising at first glance but sadly its kitchen doesn't do justice to the menu. Food is seriously sub standard. One of my friends ordered Garlic mushrooms as a starter. To our amazement he was served a couple of sad looking chopped up mushrooms in an ice cream bowl with a little lettuce at the bottom! As for the bruschettas they were covered in butter and the topping was served separately. Although not bad it wasn't good either. The fact that it was stone cold didn't help.
As for our main courses which consisted of a pair of T bone steaks and octopus, they were below average as well. The boiled vegetables that came straight from a packet from the freezer definitely didn't help improve the dish. AVOID!!

Marc S, Manager at Butcher's Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2017

Hi Adrian, I am very disappointed with your review, you already wrote a misleading review on Facebook about the property which you removed and now this about the meal, if you were so disappointed why did you not raise your issues on the night, I must tell you once again I disagree 100% with you

Regards