Scubanauts Dive School - CLOSED
Review Highlights
Amazing dives, amazing instructors

John and Kate are amazing instructors who make everything easier. Very welcoming team, always... read more

Reviewed 23 April 2014
Lionel M
Lausanne, Switzerland
Scuba diver course

I did the basic scuba diver course, Marc was a good instructor. Patient and made me relax as I was... read more

Reviewed 30 April 2012
Sue S
UK

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 September 2011

We had an amazing time with Scubanauts (in fact, we got so hooked up we now have some diving planned back in the UK)!
Marc is extremely professional and took great care of us. He's an excellent teacher and we felt very safe at all times. He took us to very interesting sites and showed us octopuses and a sting ray that we would have never noticed otherwise. He's also so much fun - we had a lot of good laugh!

3  Thank Anna G
Reviewed 10 August 2011

Marc and his team have a relaxed but highly competent and professional approach to diving, which we really enjoyed. I dived with my 2 teenage daughters - all novices - and we all did the PADI open water course and had a really great time. There were never more than 3 of us in the group, so good individual attention. Highly recommended and we are hoping to go back in October to do the advanced course an dive some wrecks.

5  Thank Paul G
Reviewed 15 July 2011

Met on arrival by Marc, professional as always. Once again Rob the instructor is back for the season. I picked a week with 2 other well qualified divers and we did Gozo and all the usual good deep wrecks. An awesome time in the water. Even managed Billinghurst Cave. Night dives also done and these were awesome.
Rob went into action at Zureiq when a diver (not with us) surfaced in trouble. He needed help fast and Rob quickly got the local tourist boat out and recovered him. He was brought back and carted off by ambulance. Thankfully he was ok in the end.
That shows the quality of instructor!!
All dives were led well, wrecks penetrated easily, safety and enjoyment top of the list.
I go back time n time again due to quality and the welcome you get.
They will do everything to make your diving great. Be it from beginners course to fully qual diver with 100s of dives.
Thanks guys again and I will return when the piggy bank is full again. ;-)

4  Thank padimsddiver
Reviewed 3 July 2011

While traveling through Europe we ended up in Malta by chance and were not really sure what to expect. WOW! The diving in Malta is great. Soooo many wrecks, we were spoilt for choice of dives sites.

I am glad that we Chose Scubanauts. Marc was fantastic.
We were picked up each day from our hotel and driven to the dive sights. We found Mark to be very experienced and knowledgeable on all the dive sights. He chose sights that suited our qualifications. We were extremely well looked after and nothing was too much trouble. Many times we have been away and stuck with less experienced divers and missed out on deep / technical sights. This was certainly not the case with Scubanauts.

I recommend Mark and his team if you want to go diving in Malta. You will not be disappointed. We hope to go back soon. Thanks for a great time :)

3  Thank Reneeandjohn
Reviewed 27 June 2011

Words cannot express my gratitude to Marc & his team. I had the most amazing time diving in Malta & am frantically trying to save up for another trip later this summer.

Being a fairly indecisive person, I booked time off work towards the end of June, not knowing exactly where I wanted to go/ what to do. A quick search on Tripadvisor returned some glowing reviews of the Scubanauts dive school & I immediately contacted Marc to see which courses he could recommend. His email responses were very quick & informative, and within 2 days of making contact with him, I was booked on the Open Water Dive course starting the following week.

I was picked up from my hotel daily at 8am (on the dot - they were never late!), and returned to the hotel at the end of each day. The 'door to door' service was certainly a great help for someone completely new to the Maltese island.

I was lucky enough to complete my 3 day course on my own with Marc, although I hear their group sizes tend to be kept small anyway, to a maximum of 4 or 5 divers per instructor. This means a greater level of customer service - other dive schools are known to be a bit greedy & cram as many people into a group as possible to make the most amount of money.

Marc was terrific (and Rob too, who carried out my evaluation dives). His instructions were very clear & I never once felt 'out of my depth' or struggling to keep up. I took to the water pretty quickly and, along with his help, we were catching octopus by the end of Day 1!! The highlight though was travelling to another dive site (Cirkewwa) on the last day & landing on a shipwreck!!

This is undoubtedly the best activity I've undertaken while on holiday. My only gripe is that Tripadvisor won't allow me to allocate more than 5 stars :)

4  Thank BronMayoUK