“Once again an excellent weeks diving holiday”
Review of Scubanauts Dive School - CLOSED

Scubanauts Dive School
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to our underwater world, experience this extraordinary world by diving with the scuba diving instructors at Scubanauts dive school, Malta.Diving has never been made easier with Scubanauts, both experienced Scuba divers and newly qualified Scuba divers are welcome, we will tailor your diving to suit your needs.Our PADI professional instructors are amongst some of the friendliest and experienced professional divers Malta has to offer, Scubanauts dive school is known as the friendliest dive school on the Island, with many of our clients coming back year after year, we teach all of PADI dive courses in an informal, relaxed, and friendly atmosphere.
Reviewed 15 July 2011

Met on arrival by Marc, professional as always. Once again Rob the instructor is back for the season. I picked a week with 2 other well qualified divers and we did Gozo and all the usual good deep wrecks. An awesome time in the water. Even managed Billinghurst Cave. Night dives also done and these were awesome.
Rob went into action at Zureiq when a diver (not with us) surfaced in trouble. He needed help fast and Rob quickly got the local tourist boat out and recovered him. He was brought back and carted off by ambulance. Thankfully he was ok in the end.
That shows the quality of instructor!!
All dives were led well, wrecks penetrated easily, safety and enjoyment top of the list.
I go back time n time again due to quality and the welcome you get.
They will do everything to make your diving great. Be it from beginners course to fully qual diver with 100s of dives.
Thanks guys again and I will return when the piggy bank is full again. ;-)

4  Thank padimsddiver

Reviewed 3 July 2011

While traveling through Europe we ended up in Malta by chance and were not really sure what to expect. WOW! The diving in Malta is great. Soooo many wrecks, we were spoilt for choice of dives sites.

I am glad that we Chose Scubanauts. Marc was fantastic.
We were picked up each day from our hotel and driven to the dive sights. We found Mark to be very experienced and knowledgeable on all the dive sights. He chose sights that suited our qualifications. We were extremely well looked after and nothing was too much trouble. Many times we have been away and stuck with less experienced divers and missed out on deep / technical sights. This was certainly not the case with Scubanauts.

I recommend Mark and his team if you want to go diving in Malta. You will not be disappointed. We hope to go back soon. Thanks for a great time :)

3  Thank Reneeandjohn
Reviewed 27 June 2011

Words cannot express my gratitude to Marc & his team. I had the most amazing time diving in Malta & am frantically trying to save up for another trip later this summer.

Being a fairly indecisive person, I booked time off work towards the end of June, not knowing exactly where I wanted to go/ what to do. A quick search on Tripadvisor returned some glowing reviews of the Scubanauts dive school & I immediately contacted Marc to see which courses he could recommend. His email responses were very quick & informative, and within 2 days of making contact with him, I was booked on the Open Water Dive course starting the following week.

I was picked up from my hotel daily at 8am (on the dot - they were never late!), and returned to the hotel at the end of each day. The 'door to door' service was certainly a great help for someone completely new to the Maltese island.

I was lucky enough to complete my 3 day course on my own with Marc, although I hear their group sizes tend to be kept small anyway, to a maximum of 4 or 5 divers per instructor. This means a greater level of customer service - other dive schools are known to be a bit greedy & cram as many people into a group as possible to make the most amount of money.

Marc was terrific (and Rob too, who carried out my evaluation dives). His instructions were very clear & I never once felt 'out of my depth' or struggling to keep up. I took to the water pretty quickly and, along with his help, we were catching octopus by the end of Day 1!! The highlight though was travelling to another dive site (Cirkewwa) on the last day & landing on a shipwreck!!

This is undoubtedly the best activity I've undertaken while on holiday. My only gripe is that Tripadvisor won't allow me to allocate more than 5 stars :)

4  Thank BronMayoUK
Reviewed 24 June 2011

Travelled to Malta in June and did the PADI open water course with my wife over 3 days with Marc.

This is a small dive school but I completely agree with previous reviews - Marc is a great teacher, patient, gives a personalised approach as well as lots of laughs. He wont mix you in with other groups like the larger dive schools. Additionally all the dives are in open water rather than the swimming pool (most dive centres do the first 2-3 dives in the swimming pool) so by the last few dives you feel so much more confident.

We did 7 dives in total and his price was very competitive. On top of this, Marc took us to a shipreck for the last dives in a different location. When we first arrived for the last 2 dives, the sea was rough, but rather than go to another less superior spot, Marc cancelled the dives and booked us in at another time in our holiday, that was convenient to us rather than him, at no extra cost, as he wanted to give us the best possible dives.

In and out of water, Marc was always patient with our questions , no matter how silly, and was fab in the water. The shipwreck and playing with an octopus were our highlights.

To be honest, this was the absolute highlight of our holiday and whether you are a beginner or a PADI divemaster, you would have a great experience in safe hands with Scubanauts.

3  Thank TamimLondon
Reviewed 17 April 2011

Took my 2 daughters aged 17 and 14 to Malta to complete their PADI open water and chose Marc because of good reviews and I am really glad I did. This is a small dive school but offers a personal, and personalised, service that we really appreciated. Both my daughters felt confident with Marc, he explained everything really well and was a superb instructor.
We did four dives over two days and I was able to go along on the dives as an already qualified diver. I cannot recommend them highly enough. Thanks to Kate for the lift afterwards and to Rose for helping rinse our kit.

7  Thank DougReid