1,544 results
All reviews alexis meylaq self catering guest relations manager heritage trail roman road mini mart bus stop xemxija bay the penthouse one bedroom apartment quiet holiday reception staff bus service winter break hired a car visit malta fresh towels
Reviewed 6 September 2017

this hotel has brilliant staff everybody friendly and helpful, the room was perfect for me (309) window overlooked the pool, the pool was decent size has other people have said Maltese can use the pool(not a problem for me)first days it was busy (w/e) the rest of the time quite, even on busy days we a party of 6 had no problem getting sun beds at anytime. if the pool area is to loud theres a area for sun bathing nearer the bar !!!! .Rooms were cleaned everyday including fresh towels one thing to watch is the prices of the hotel shop which can be eye watering 22 euros for sun cream that costs 4 pounds. would definitely go to this hotel again . the one thing about room 309 the room fan clicks like a clock after a night of restless sleep(felt like capt hook) my goddaughter from a different room informed me the knob next to bed lowered the fan speed Doh!!

Room Tip: i had 309 which window faced the pool but balcany didnt i would try and get a room with balcany facing the pool
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
PortoAzzurro, Guest Relations Manager at Porto Azzurro, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Dear Guest Gillypne,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences on Tripadvisor following your recent stay with us.

We are delighted to know that your time with us was to your satisfaction and that you had a pleasant experience, and appreciate your valuable feedback on our rooms and amenities as well as our services.

We are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need any assistance when booking directly with us on our official Porto Azzurro website, and the booking arrangements.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

First time I have stayed here and was impressed with the service I received.
I travelled alone for my first time so was a little apprehensive about the experience I would have. I was very pleasantly surprised. A three star hotel with excellent staff that deserve a better rate.
The hotel itself is three star, what I expected, ordinary but very clean. If you're looking for 5 star, pay for 5 stars. I found all of the staff very helpful, nothing was too much trouble.
A good base to explore Maltas sights, perfect location for the bus routes which run regularly to lots of locations with transfers. 21 euros for a week long pass. I saw lots of places I didn't think I would be able to and had a great time into the bargain.
Joanna, Madelaine and Rachel on reception were brilliant, very helpful with information. Also Debbie on the Supreme travel desk.
I had one complaint that was dealt with very quickly and efficiently by Alexis, the customer service manager, many thanks Alexis.
Definitely will stay here again and yes Alexis, I will book direct.

Stayed: August 2017
1  Thank cuthbertnethel

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel and for your kind feedback.

It was a pleasure reading your nice words. We do appreciate all the great comments about our location, the hotel room, and your mention of the hotel staff, which we will also forward to our team, especially Joanna, Madelaine and Rachel and Debbie. It makes us happy when our guests have a comfortable stay.

Thank you once again for your review and for your patronage; we are looking forward to welcoming you on your next stay with us. Should you need any assistance with your direct booking, through our official Porto Azzurro website, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

The staff are amazing, helpful and kind, and will go above and beyond to do what they can for you. So a Big Thank You To All..
This isn't our first time here, but this year we weren't Happy with using the pool area. 1: You wasn't able to use sun beds as half was broken. 2: The pool manager does Meal deals for All locals, to which they take up ALL sun beds, so the Hotel Guests don't have a chance to lay around pool. 3: The locals get drunk and rough around the pool. 4: There children are rude, run riot around the pool, their parents do Nothing, So No relaxing. 5: on the 13th of Aug Two local families were fighting over sun beds to which was very frightening. 6: They take 3/4 of the beds around the pool. 7: For the Meal deals local families turn up before 9am and stay till Late. So again Guests have no chance, And if you rent a car you can't park nearby.
It brakes my heart to have to share this, but you don't pay to stay at this lovely Hotel and be driven away from using the facilities that come with the Hotel because of the person who runs the pool bar. During our stay, there was a number of complaints that was reported to the reception.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Annrose21
Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed for a week, had a nice vacation. Staff was really friendly and helpful. Pool was the biggest attraction, big and nice looking, sometimes crowded but thats understandable. Rooms could be a bit cleaner and better looking, but overall good value for the price. We definately enjoyed our stay.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
PortoAzzurro, Guest Relations Manager at Porto Azzurro, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2017

Dear Martin,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay and for taking the time to share your experience with TripAdvisor visitors.

We are very pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay and appreciate your kind words on our outdoor pool. It is also great to read your compliments of the friendly hospitality extended to you by our team at the Porto Azzurro Apart Hotel.

We hope that you will consider returning to us in the future and wish you the very best.

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Lovely place and staff is amazing. I am quite particular and had specific requirements but all of them were successfully met. No problems at all. Alexis has been wonderful and very helpful. I'm very grateful. I definitely recommend it. Enjoy your stay there!!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
PortoAzzurro, Guest Relations Manager at Porto Azzurro, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Dear Mara,

Thank you for choosing our Porto Azzurro Aparthotel for your stay and for taking the time to share your feedback.

It is truly a pleasure for us to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. I’m sure our entire hotel staff enjoyed catering to your needs as much as you enjoyed your stay.

We thank you for recommending our hotel to other travellers and hope to welcome you back very soon to Porto Azzurro.