1,830 results
All reviews rooftop pool comfort room the bus air con building work plenty of choice cafe bar bars and restaurants half board hotel is in a great location bed and breakfast walk in shower breakfast and dinner large balcony buffet style cold meats choice of food
Reviewed 24 August 2016

Spent a week at this hotel with my daughter on a B&B basis. We were allocated a large family room on the second floor overlooking the street. The room was clean and comfortable although it looked a little tired. The bathroom was fairly modern and looked as though it had been recently refurbished. Throughout our stay I could not fault the cleanliness of our room and it was serviced every day as you would expect.

Breakfast I would describe as adequate although the sausages were not good and it seemed impossible to get a fried egg that hadn't been fried within an inch of its life but then breakfast is breakfast so I didn't expect Cordon Bleu! Movement of people around the coffee and drinks machines was not easy and also impeded staff getting back to the kitchen when it was really busy so I do think that the layout of the buffet area could be looked at. The whole dining room was very old fashioned and unwelcoming.

The Zazen garden was very nice and also very quiet in the mornings so a good place to sit in the shade and read whilst my daughter was out scuba diving. In the afternoons we usually went to the pool and up until the last couple of days always managed to get a sunbed HOWEVER on the last couple of days it seemed that people had taken to reserving sunbeds early morning with the intention of arriving some time later and in the afternoons many of the sunbeds were still reserved with towels and no one arrived until after 3pm ! All credit to the hotel that they did go round on our last morning removing towels that had been used to reserve sunbeds but that resulted in our having to listen to the "aggrieved" holidaymakers justifying why they reserved sunbeds for the remainder of the day as unfortunately some people think it is their right to do this. We did derive quite a lot of amusement seeing peoples faces when they arrived at the pool to see their towels gone and someone else lying on "their" sunbed.

The pool area needs more sunbeds and more shaded areas and possibly an attendant there all day. Some people staying in the hotel were too lazy to put their rubbish in the bin and so there were empty cans and cigarette ends lying around and whilst I fully appreciate this is not the hotels problem some effort should be made to remove rubbish throughout the day.

We didn't have much contact with the staff but those we did all seemed pleasant we did however receive a very strange warning from one member of staff when my daughter ordered a cheese and tuna toastie that she shouldn't eat tuna and cheese together as it could kill her - needless to say it wasn't the most enjoyed tuna melt my daughter has ever eaten.

All in all for what we paid I think we got good value and all I need is a comfy bed in a clean room and that is what we got.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

This "4 star" hotel... where do I start. We pick this up for the good rewiews from here but expectations where too much. We had to waite 1 hour for to get our room. Said it's ready at 2 but it was ready after 3. No abology no nothing. Staff was unfriendly, no hellos no nothing. Breakfast was same every morning, no fresh salad, sausages tasted funny and not much for a choise for vegetatians. Coffee was subrisingly good. Rooms where old, we got nice view from the sea but that's about it. Only 2 electic sockets in the room 2 different kinds and the other one didn't work, so you need to have adapter. Shower was very bad. Our room was on the 6th floor and there was no pressure for the water. For one week stay it was difficult to wash yourself. And tje water is just cleaned seawater. Tried also the massage, if you want it to help your muscles, don't go, no help. There was live music every night and some of them where horrible. Woke up at 11.30 at night from full sleep to horrible out of tune opera singing. Only good thing is the location, busstop is around the corner, so only for that 2 points. And the aircondition worked, thank good for that, because it was over 30 every day.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2016

Hotel room was at the back of the hotel above the patio area which was quite relaxing in the day as there are 3 fountains but at night the entertainment (Singers) is in this area so no sleep until 11.30 unless your on a higher floor the Staff very friendly and very helpful, maid service every day and our maid Joice was brilliant, we only stayed Bed & breakfast and unless your early its a bit of a scrum. the only thing that spoils this hotel is the really small roof top pool which unless your up at 7.00am to reserve a sun lounger with your towel you wont get near & the usual walking down 7 flights of stairs because you cant get a lift.

Room Tip: If you have a wheelchair it does have a access ramp but its marble and very slippy
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2016

After deciding between the 3 star sister hotel (Sunflower) and this 4 star, we opted to pay the extra for the 4 star. We were unable to identify why this is a 4 star hotel:

Pros:
-Good location
-Good walk in shower - hot water and water pressure always available
-Good size room (127)
-Zazen garden and staff are lovely (Natalia in particular)

Cons:
-Food was very average and worse than I have had at previous 3 star hotels in Europe. There was no catering for children, no prepared fresh fruit for breakfast or dessert (watermelon was available on a couple of days), tasteless pasta dishes, fish in 'chefs special sauce' every day was in an unidentifiable tasteless sauce with the same few fish repeated every day. There was a better choice for meat eaters though my husband described the majority of dishes as average. Desserts were the same style cakes every day. Only one day there was fresh waffles with breakfast which were lovely. After paying the extra for 4 star, the food disappointed me the most. The children started dreading going to the restaurant after the first week and begged to eat out. They didn't even have the standard plain cucumber every day or jelly at all. Salads were in bowls with no refridgeration, though I wonder if the air con was a substitute for this as it was so high we had to deliberately wear extra clothes and look for tables away from it. A lot of the food was not covered and more than once I spotted flies on cakes, croissants etc.
-Rooftop pool had fantastic views but was far too small for the number of people and there was no separate kids pool, just a tiny cordoned off area of the pool. We had to bring our pop up tent once as there were no sunbeds available but we managed to get some the other couple of times we used it.
-Spa / Jacuzzi / Indoor pool looked brilliant but was not heated so therefore impossible to use. Even though this was stated on the website, I thought it would be naturally heated from sunlight but it was on a lower floor.
- No games room
-We went to a couple of local 4 star hotels to pay to use the pool facilities for a day and we could immediately see the difference upon entering these hotels
- We did encounter a cockroach in our room on two occasions

If Santana was advertised as a 3 star it would have been ok but after paying for a 4 star, I am very disappointed with what we experienced.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2016

We have recently returned from our second stay at the Satana . Stayed for a week with my husband while visiting family who live in Malta. We stayed on a B& B basis both times so can't really comment on the food , as far as breakfast goes there is everything you would expect all served buffet style so you can eat as much or as little as you like. The roof top pool is a sun trap so be careful if your are up there all day . Indoor pool nice retreat from the heat but it is surrounded by spa treatment rooms so it very quiet and relaxing . The garden area at the back of PC the hotel is lovely we called in every night for a night cap. Staff were all pleasant and all areas very clean all in all a fab hotel . We will defiantly stay here again it's in a great location right next to Buggiba bus station so handy for us if we don't hire a car to get out and about . The beach , promande, square and aquarium all all within walking distance maybe 5-10 minutes away . Turist street with its bars and restaurant are 50 meters away.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple