All reviews mary rose overlooking the harbour paul's island wet room lovely hotel bus stop great position travel kettle fruit juice cold meats st paul s bay quiet area stayed bed and breakfast cooked breakfast walk in shower sea view room towels changed every day
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

The hotel was excellently located a 5 minute walk from the bus stop and 10 minutes to main centre. The room was clean with basic facilities in line with the price. Would recommend to anyone traveling to the area. The staff were friendly and the breakfast again basic but inline with the price.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank Sarah D
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

My daughter, myself and 2 friends stayed here to celebrate my daughter's 21st birthday. My daughter is autistic and her behaviour can be unusual at times. The hotel staff including the lovely new owner and her partner and Mary Rose the receptionist where exceptionally good with her as where all of the rest of the staff. I have travelled lot with her and this is not always the case. The hotel itself is undergoing some changes and it's looking great. We had a lovely big room with a new bathroom. Very comfy beds and a large balcony overlooking the square. I would not hesitate in recommending it to everyone and we will definitely be going back. On one last note they decorated our room, organised a cake and gave my daughter a card and flowers for her birthday. Above and beyond, thank you x

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
5  Thank Juliecattermoul
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Just back from a Birthday weekend at a great hotel, let's start with the moans from other reviews, yes it's dated and in need of upgrading and guess what that's exactly what's happening. There's now a great little cafe attached to the hotel and a whole new set of rooms being built on the 1st floor (previously the bat and restaurant) and we can't wait to go back soon. The special thing for us was Mary Rose who remembered us from last June, she truly is a credit to the hotel and a fountain of local knowledge. Great hotel, amazing views, clean, attentive staff all at a budget price why wouldn't you. See you soon Mary Rose that's if we can manage to book a room.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Richard D
Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel in March 11-18 as a birthday present for my husband from our children. Hotel beautiful and clean , our room 406 was very nice but had limited lighting so had to use our phones torch to look at clothes in wardrobe at night as was so dark . Spoke to guy on reception but nothing was done . Friendly and polite staff and one person who stands out above all was Maryrose on reception who was a font of knowledge and very very helpful, nothing was too much for her . She always had a cheery smile for everyone and a delight to know which made our holiday special as our first time in Malta. Location of hotel good and lots of bars , cafes restaurants etc in walking distance, loved it here and can’t wait to come back.A final thank you to Maryrose.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
7  Thank kimick08
Reviewed 17 March 2018

Well we read the reviews and ended up thinking well it is a last minute deal we were taking and the location is great so lets go for it and make up our own minds. The hotel has undergone a major refit the room we were in was excellent with new mattresses which were very comfortable, we had requested a sea view and wow we had a wonderful view from the balcony across the harbour and the bay. So the hotel itself was great and the staff were very friendly but I have to give a special mention to the main receptionist Mary Rose, we had read comment before we went singing her praises. Although this is not a large hotel Mary Rose could teach others how to be the perfect receptionist, always ready with a beaming smile and nothing seems too much trouble. She is brilliant at advising on the various options available re things to do and see. I hope the hotel realise what an absolute diamond they have there. We will definitely be going back, which is a first for us. If you want all the whistles and bells then this is not for you, but if you want a smaller relaxed atmosphere where you are made to feel valued as a guest then my wife and I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: March 2018