3,319 results
All reviews temple bar cafe delos swim up bar sea view private beach the bus animation team main restaurant big hotel indoor pool plenty of choice sea front half board breakfast and dinner the air conditioning large balcony time share
Reviewed 26 June 2017

The front of the hotel was undergoing building work, making our arrival noisy and dusty. . Sadly the lift didn't work so we'd had to carry our luggage up the stairs to our 3rd floor room. The ancient air conditioning failed to cool the room and in the June heat it was pretty hot.
The room was large and clean with a balcony and sea view, we were able to open the doors to let some air in. We then found that the fridge was barely working (I needed it to store insulin) and the T.V remote was missing. We reported these 2 minor issues immediately.
Returning to the reception we realised that the route involved avoiding workmen laying and gluing carpets, this altered the available route hourly and added the powerful smell of glue to the journey. At intervals we had to leap between areas of glue and wait for bits to be laid!
We had booked breakfast and can report that this was very good, buffet style with a varied selection.
We ordered lunch one day and after waiting an hour (for a sea food salad and burger) I questioned a staff member. I was very nice about it and just asked for an idea of how long it would be. I was told it was our fault as we'd joined another party late (completely irrelevant as we didn't expect to eat at the same time just the same as them), I was then told that we weren't the only people waiting and others had to be served too! I'd also spotted a seafood salad sitting on the bar in the heat. A relative who we were sitting with said it'd been there a long time. That salad was placed in front of me about 15mins later. My husband asked about his burger and the salad was removed without comment and returned to the bar. We left and ate elsewhere.
The reception staff had a similar attitude when we asked later about the remote control and fridge. We did eventually get the remote control (3 days into our 4 night stay) and discovered that the fridge door wasn't closing properly, so we managed to trap it shut.

Generally it was a lack of care for customers as human beings that troubled me. Wheelchair ramps with loose (new) carpet and broken edges, not to mention broken lifts are pointless. The beach by the hotel had no staff or life guards visible I am a good swimmer and was aware of many dangers with the strong sea currents. I would not advise swimming alone there.

The pools, the breakfasts and evening meals in the main restaurant were good. The rooms were clean (I visited relatives in different ones) and the sea was close. These were the pros.

Many of the staff were surly and unhelpful. Electrical things didn't work properly, fridge, lift, air con. The bar area was expensive and decorated like an airport, echoing and plain, hard seating and tiny high tables for 2 only. Def not a space to spend time.
If you have any health issues, especially mobility you couldn't stay here. These are the cons

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view and balcony
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank madeline765
Reviewed 26 June 2017

Stayed here with 3 other of my friends for a festival as we were lucky enough to get a great deal for this hotel. Rooms were very spacious and comfortable with a fabulous sea view. The hotel staff were incredible helpful and would really go out of their way to help with any requests you had. There are some parts of the hotel that aren't the most aesthetically pleasing per se due to refurbishment works, but the rooms themselves are fine as are the pool and restaurant areas and we didn't find the works to disrupt our stay in any way. As we were there for a festival I can't really comment on the location for sightseeing, but we did take advantage of the excursion office conveniently located in the reception area which sorted out a day trip for us to Gozo and Comino . The Spa was also great all charged at a reasonable price and was really well run. I'm sure when the works have finished at this hotel there are lot of great things to be said!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 June 2017

Having just returned from a 10 day stay I wanted to share my experience of the hotel, food etc, the location and getting around the island. Sorry review is so long but a lot to get through. Having read the reviews on TA I tried to book direct but had problems with their website so booked with a booking company room with sea view. Once booking confirmed emailed hotel and asked for a room on 5th floor as advised on here and requested transfer from the airport 25 euro each way. All confirmed. Arrived at airport and met by Bluebird taxis had air conditioned mini bus to ourselves, The driver and his wife were brilliant and gave us lots of info on the island. Arrived at hotel yes there is still some building working going on but not a problem they put the finishing touches to the canopy on the main entrance during our stay and it looks fantastic. Checked in, our room not ready asked to wait in reception. As all inclusive asked for wrist band so could take advantage of food and drink as after 12 but was not offered. They came and found us in the Delos café and gave us our room key. First room was on 2nd floor not what I requested went to reception and room reallocated to 5th floor, View fantastic. Took cases from first room to second room to be greeted by housekeeping who informed me they were going to change the bed form twin to double as booked.
Hotel overlooks St Pauls Bay and is stunning, Hotel has three pools Amazonian complex down by the seas with infinity pool, pool on lower level with swim up bar and upper pool with great pool and views over the bay.
First week hotel nice mix of mainly European customers and some from the US, Second week must have been start of the Italian holidays as swamped by huge family groups 20+ people .
Food was good. Breakfast had good selection of continental foods, cereals, full English and pastries and cakes. My only disappointment was not smoked salmon. Coffee machines to help yourself full breakfast but was always very busy with so many people. When we stayed around the hotel we ate at the Delos Café by the upper pool at lunch time. If you are all inclusive you get a restricted menu but the good choice and the food is very good, Waiters and waitresses work very hard and special mention to Maria, Dinka and Percil who always looked after us. On the first week I was allowed to order both local beer and foreign bottled beer on the second week I was told it was not included. When I complained the food and beverage manager said as I had had it in the first week the I should get it again in the second week but it is changing, However the leaflet they give you does state it is included. All spirits are branded. In the evenings you can eat in the main restaurant or use the Delos Café. The main restaurant is very busy but we found eating at 8.45 the masses had gone through. Still plenty of food with new dishes being presented. Please be aware that although the restaurant time says open until 9.30 pm they start clearing the food stations at 9.15. Help yourself to wine, beer and soft drinks at the drink stations.
The entertainment in the bar in the evenings could be better no shows just couples signing some better than other bar men Jean Paul and Ray very good. In the room there are English films available with Arabic sub titles if you want to retire early.
Very large room with nice balcony air conditioning nice walk in shower and towels changed daily,
Getting around the island is brilliant on the bus terminal 5 min walk from hotel 2 euros per person any journey, you can get a 7 day ticket for 21 Euros with unlimited travel. Buses very regular excellent way to see the island.
Overall good hotel great location just need to be more welcoming and informative not quite there yet,

Room Tip: Sea View room on the upper floors 5th or 6th is best.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Moldy007
Reviewed 25 June 2017

First visit to Malta. Paying £700 for a week B&B I expected more.
Renovations have finished, and tasteful but cheaply done (e.g. carpets already badly stained on corridors etc), shower soaks entire bathroom floor.
Air con does not cool, and despite having door tags requesting repair it was ignore 4 days running.
Staff friendly
Breakfast average and tables awfully laid out so people are pushing past others sitting to get to tables
Pools within hotel suffer early towel placer syndrome, but use the Amazonia beach club, rescued our visit and best feature of the hotel.
If you have a hire car there is nowhere to park nearby except the streets which is hit and miss
Good base to explore the island though.

Would visit again if price severely reduced.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank shappers00
Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

As others have reported the hotel is still undergoing work but the main part of this is the car park so if you get a sea view, you will not notice it at all. I would not like to have been overlooking the large hole in the ground to the front or side.

We got our own taxi from the airport - €25. Great chat from the driver and worth every penny to get there direct and quickly. The same on the way back.

The breakfast is what you would expect - cereals, sausages, bacon, eggs etc or cold meats etc - some same too "samey" but it serves a function and is tasty. No complaints at all here!

A 10 minute walk from the main square but if you go outside and turn left and go up the hill, there are a couple of decent restaurants and plenty of pubs and shops for water and drinks etc...and a good takeaway just in case you do have a craving after a night out!!

We ate at the Batubulan on our last night and regretted not doing it at least twice. I had the fish platter - swordfish, bream and tuna! Superb food and service!

Outdoor pools are good - plenty of sun loungers and if you want to play, the activities team are always up.

My only real gripe would be the Air Con - we played with the controls for the first day/night and then asked the reception next morning and were told it was a global system so there was no point in trying to change - it was a waste of time and the room was always pretty warm. There is a shop up the hill and left that sells fans...worth thinking about if you struggle.

Looking at the location and cost, I would not stay anywhere else in Bugibba.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple