“Fabulous mountainside bar and restaurant!”
Review of Morgenrot

Morgenrot
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 March 2018

Our favourite place on the mountains of Gressoney. The staff were all so friendly and recognised us as returning guests every day. The bar was great for a pit-stop but the restaurant served the best Italian food. The carbonara is amongst the best I have had (and I travel the world trying carbonaras!) Very clean and well presented in an old building right by the ski slopes. I cannot recommend enough - book for lunch when you stop for a hot chocolate in the morning.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Fantastic place with amazing food and wine. Dont miss the snow mobile ride up the mountain for the kids.

Reviewed 1 March 2018

but the new development is that a waitress from Nigeria has brought a wonderful smile which gives a new light to the place. Well done!

Reviewed 14 February 2018

I had high hopes for this mountain restaurant and liked the idea of an evening meal after being transported in a snow cat so I thought I'd try it for a light lunch. I love slow-cooked food and I ordered a local speciality of pork knuckle with chips. I expected a slow-cooked piece of meat but what arrived was clearly not freshly prepared and was a dried-out offering that had been overcooked and left standing. It was very difficult to cut though and resembled an over-roasted dried meat. However, not to appear rude I chewed my way through it with difficulty. Then I noticed local people at the table behind had the same dish but well-prepared and falling from the bone. Just what I wanted so I asked the waiter if what I was given was supposed to be so dried out.
He said he would speak to the chef but he did not come back to inform us of what the chef said. I asked him and he said the chef thought it was not dry. Utterly ridiculous. A restaurant with a good reputation would not serve tourists who love good food with such an appalling meal. In fact my partner said it was the worst meal he has had in The Alps in 40 years. Imagine my surprise when we were not offered a full refund but had to ask for a discount and were given 4 euros off. What a terrible way to treat customers. Needless to say we didn't return for an evening meal as planned.

Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

Excellent location. A real sun trap on the terrace in the afternoon. Great food and outstanding service. Very helpful staff.
Just up the hill from Dei Walser hotel and you can walk or ski down after lunch. In the evening they'll run you up on a skidoo