All reviewsa family run hotelsuperior roomon arrivalperfect locationjacuzzishowerhandyfrescoesumbriacarla
Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

Located at the heart of Montefalco is this 3-storey Hotel that features modern style of room, scenic view of the country side, and on the other side would be the historical view that flaunts its historical background... VINTAGE as the millenials say. Normally, my expectations are below average for a 3-star hotel, to me it’s just mainly for sleeping, aside from that, nothing more is for me to ask nor expect. But what amazes my colleague and I was the staff who go the distance just to attend to our needs… adaptor (since Asians uses different one) though English is not the main language in here, he tried hard enough just to understand and respond to us. He even went to his own home just so he can pick-up and lend us his OWN adaptor!!! Again, HE WENT TO HIS OWN HOME AND PICKED-UP HIS OWN ADAPTOR TO LEND US! Man, that doesn’t happen in a 3-Star Hotel!!! But Hotel Degli Affreschi did that! I’m out of words. With such hospitality, 5-Star Rating is never enough to thank them. And not to mention, the rooms are immaculate and spacious. Thank you, Hotel Degli Affreschi! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 October 2017

Upon arrival, we were greeted by Carla, and presumably her parents, her son and her dog. Obviously a family run hotel! Which made the design of the room confusing. It looked like an upmarket trendy hotel, but some of the features were not practical. The main issue was that the toilet had no door, there was a glass feature 1/3 swing door but it did not give any privacy at all. The shower/toilet area was long, the toilet was at the back, but there wasn't a door in front of the shower either. The shower screen was too short, so the water went over the floor - the floor was bamboo flooring not tiles so I would think there will be an issue there. The shower head output was poor, not sure if a descaling would help. One of the towels provided had holes in it; there was a robe but only 1 - would have made more sense to provide 2. The mini bar fridge wasn't plugged in which meant we had to pull it out and get a torch to find the power socket.
The area itself is nice, we had some nice meals out. We couldn't park near the hotel at all, even though I had chosen it because it had parking. The wifi connection, although free, was poor.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2017

Have the possibility to come back to Montefalco, in the las 4 years!! Lucky me! But I have to say the new jacuzzi addition is great, plus the service and breakfast still the best deal in town! ....a family that knows what is hospitality...plus very handy from any exit or entrance of the walled town of Montefalco! No doubt a place to come back and stay!!Signora Carla always has a smile for you!! Avery quite place and modern too!!

Room Tip: Choose the ones with a view to the hills...in the back...of the building!!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 May 2017

The location and staff is welcoming, however the bathroom was not properly cleaned and we found traces of previous guests. The walls are very think, remember to whisper. The breakfast is very good. Overall a bit pricey, in my opinion.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 April 2017

The hotel has a good location near the central piazza. We had a superior room, which was a good size and appeared to have been recently modernised. Double glazed windows meant it was reasonably quiet. We were able to park our car overnight on the first night of our stay, but had to move it outside the town walls in the morning and for our second night. Curiously the fridge and tv in our room were not plugged in on arrival, so we had to grovel behind the appliances to connect them. Breakfast does not start until 8.30 am. Internet was free, but we not able to connect.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple