“Spicy, tender, and oh so tasty”
Review of Deep Run Roadhouse

Deep Run Roadhouse
Ranked #181 of 1,640 Restaurants in Richmond
Reviewed 2 January 2017

While we have not tasted everything on the menu, we have tried and returned for more than once for the a few of their offerings. I have tasted a lot of barbecue from many places around the country and have to count the brisket and burnt ends at the Deep Run Roadhouse on N. Laurel St. in the top 5. We have picked up our orders and brought them home and have eaten on premises. Each time the meat and sides have been so very good. Besides the brisket, burnt ends, and rope sausage, my wife has had the pulled pork sandwich and once again the meals were above par. They offer both a spicy jalapeno mac and cheese as well as a non-spicy version. Both are very creamy and cheesy. The corn bread they offer is moist and buttery. The portions could be shared, but if you want it all, you may need someone to carry you out. I highly recommend this eatery to fill you up and satisfy your hunger any time.

Reviewed 17 December 2016

A co-worker were looking for a new BBQ joint to try. We found this place and we will be back. Most importantly, the food was excellent. I had a two meat plate and my co-worker had a three meat plate. Both came with two sides. Between us, we had burnt ends, sausage, pulled pork, catfish, chicken, mac & cheese, cowboy beans and corn bread. We sampled everything and found it all to be delicious.

As many have said, the building is an old converted garage with a roll up door that can be opened when the weather is nice. The tables are old reclaimed wood tables. The smell of the wood fired BBQ pit is everywhere. Really cool ambiance to go along with the great food.

It was kind of pricey, though. For the food we ordered, one soda and one water, with a 10% tip (I'm not cheap - it's basically counter service), the bill was over $36. But I guess you get what you pay for. The portions were more than enough and we both left there very full.

If you are a BBQ fan and you haven't tried this place yet, you owe it to yourself to try. We go to Buzz and Ned's a lot just because it is close to work. This place is far better.

Reviewed 18 October 2016

I absolutely agree with the other reviews. What a find! An old garage made into a restaurant. We asked for suggestions and were given great advice to enjoy all they have to offer. We ordered the 3 meat platter with the sides of Mac and cheese and cowboy beans. The pulled pork, brisket and ribs were excellent. The sides were delicious also. We also shared a spare rib sandwich. Unbelievable. The cherry bourbon sauce was very good. Cornbread was fabulous. A must if you are in the area. You will not be disappointed. I'd go there right now if it wasn't 6 hours away!!

1  Thank CCZ_10
Reviewed 14 October 2016

Cool location like an old car repair garage where the repair area with a lift garage door has beautiful old barn wood benches and tables inside. selection is the normal BBQ place fare, but they kick up the spice a bit more than some of the more established joints in the area. sampler plate with some sides was perfect. great T-shirt selection, Stealie type logo coming soon-they promise!

1  Thank MD_Familee
Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

This is my second visit to Deep Run BBQ. Great pulled pork sandwich. Yummy cowboy beans. Best taste - cherry bourbon Barbecue sauce!

Been to Deep Run Roadhouse? Share your experiences!