“Innovative and Delicious”
Review of The Cultured Swine

The Cultured Swine
Ranked #578 of 1,807 Restaurants in Richmond
Reviewed 3 October 2016

I was at the 2nd Street Festival in Richmond (called by most everyone 2 Street) and was looking for something to eat. The Cultured Swine was selling food in front of the restaurant. I decided to try the Jerk Tacos. they were served on a soft tortilla, with fresh peppers, a little pineapple and some other things. I added a little Jamaican sauce. They were fantastic. I would definitely try them again and would like to try the pulled pork. I was told the restaurant is moving to the Museum district in the future, so look out for that.

Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

I have found it hard to find good tamales in town, som I'm glad I found this place. If you are not looking for it you will miss it. 2 tamales with a great smoked verde which is a little sweet and goes great with it. Will be back.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

I had a business meeting downtown which I arrived too early for. I was a little hungry and ventured downtown to The Cultured swine.
The suggested the Jerk pork tacos

Reviewed 28 June 2016

Discovered this hole-in-the-wall place using restaurant.com and decided to check it out before a recent dental appointment at VCU. Was lucky to find a parking spot right in front, so parking could be a little tricky. But it's definitely worth the trouble. Looks like mostly a carry-out restaurant as there is very limited seating. I seriously wanted to try everything on the menu, including the tamales, which unfortunately they were out of it because they must be really popular. Ordered a pork belly sandwich and the tomato macaroni pie. Together they were only $10, and everything tasted fresh and made-to-order. My aunt had 3 different tacos plate, BBQ, jerk chicken and korean steak, again excellent value at $9, which I think was the most expensive entree. Can't wait to eat here again next time I'm in Richmond.

Reviewed 17 April 2016 via mobile

This was a stop on the River City Food Tour and it was perfect! Food was good, atmosphere was good and even had the chance to hear the founding story of the restaurant. Had a pork belly taco and it was divine! The menu is creative and appealing. Not a whole lot of seating, however they do offer catering which would be perfect for just about anything!